The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

The only problem with that theory is that Labour voters voted 2-1 to remain. :hihi:

Where can I find confirmation of that? Because surely if that's the case labour would have gone in hard with a remain ticket at the last election?

Corbyn and Trump summit now that would be something

Corbyn and Trump summit now that would be something

What would you hope for?

Where can I find confirmation of that? Because surely if that's the case labour would have gone in hard with a remain ticket at the last election?

Any of the reputable polling organisations will confirm it. The figures are something like 67% Remain 34% Leave for Labour voters. Don't quote me on that but if it's not, it's only a couple of % either side of that.

Labour didn't go in hard on the remain ticket at the last election because of a mixture of political cowardice (which applies to the Tories as well) and the personal politics of Corbyn and McDonnell who are both lifelong Eurosceptics.

they tried to campaign with nuance and to be honest they were quite successful with it.

with the northern oinks, they said you, the people have spoken. We are leaving the EU and that's it. You can rely us to be fair about the whole business, look after you, the British people, and be far more trustworthy than the Tories.

but elsewhere, they put the dampers on that message to the point where it suddenly became totally inaudible.

in London, where Labour did especially well and where they knew full well that they couldn't campaign in Rotherhithe like they did in Rotherham, there was none of that. They didn't mention BREXIT at all. They didn't mention BREXIT to anybody not only not to the London metropolitan poncies, but not to anybody else either. Not even the London oinks.

Edited by Mister Gee

More pressure on Corbyn!

"Brexit: Labour 'must listen' to members on new vote, says Tom Watson"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45616308

Erm...

I have to laugh because..it also states

His views are important because - like Jeremy Corbyn - he has a mandate from the membership.

I am pretty damn sure he only got elected off the back of Corbyn, if he had to stand for re election, he would be out on his ear

Edited by Mister Gee

Erm...

His views are important because - like Jeremy Corbyn - he has a mandate from the membership.

I am pretty damn sure he only got elected off the back of Corbyn, if he had to stand for re election, he would be out on his ear

Regardless of your views on Watson, the point of this is Corbyn has made a big thing about involving the membership more in Labour party decision making. Whilst he might have done this with the aim of reducing the influence of Blairites on the party, having made such a big thing about empowering the membership, it's going to look very bad if Corbyn starts ignoring them if they start disagreeing with him.

Erm...

if you don't get the right answer lets vote till we do. Worked in Ireland, did it not? When we did not get a vote. Mm who was in power then?

Regardless of your views on Watson, the point of this is Corbyn has made a big thing about involving the membership more in Labour party decision making. Whilst he might have done this with the aim of reducing the influence of Blairites on the party, having made such a big thing about empowering the membership, it's going to look very bad if Corbyn starts ignoring them if they start disagreeing with him.

The Labour leadership has confirmed that they will back a second vote if the membership want one at the conference.