What is ITV playing at.

We have Privileged Posh kids already getting richer on Made in Chelsea, Now there theres going to be a show with more of the Poash Twits, Made in Ascot. What about our Kids up North getting a chance, Made in Sheffield/Barnsley/Rotherham. ITV are getting Snobby just like the BBC. :rant:

You never watched Benefit street or crimewatch then .

penny is the star of at least one of them :)

All ITV channels produce these type of tosh . I find it ridiculous that talentless people actually get fame and riches from these programmes . Just hope the BBC don't go down the same route , even though some of these so called celebrities are now popping up on some BBC programmes

Stot on. :thumbsup:

ITV is a commercial channel.

Millions of people watch these programmes and their various spin offs as well as them recycling participants into the various Big Brothers, cooking programmes etc.

They are cheap to make and attract audiences which are TV advertisers' gold*. They may be vacuous rubbish but they are very profitable vacuous rubbish and while we continue to watch them, they will continue to fill a large chunk of the schedules.

(*not just gold in terms of audience numbers but gold in terms of people who watch rubbish are much more likely to buy rubbish.)

Programme about Redcar on a the moment

The 'Mighty Redcar', a brilliant programme. Not semi-scripted rubbish full of pretentious people, with 1st world problems & fake relationship issues but a proper insight into real people's lives, hopes & struggles.

Something only the BBC would produce these days. Can't recall ITV making anything similar in years.

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

Thats what Im on about! Owt about up North is either about poverty or crime. :roll:

---------- Post added 11-09-2018 at 18:11 ----------

Geordie Shore and TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex) aren't exactly posh. ?

Never said they were. :loopy:

---------- Post added 11-09-2018 at 18:15 ----------

I guess you didn't see the BBC's "The Mighty Redcar"? Or "Desperate Scousewives"? Or The Real Housewives of Cheshire?

Err are they Priviledge Posh kids. NO. :huh:

The 'Mighty Redcar', a brilliant programme. Not semi-scripted rubbish full of pretentious people, with 1st world problems & fake relationship issues but a proper insight into real people's lives, hopes & struggles.

Something only the BBC would produce these days. Can't recall ITV making anything similar in years.

Ive not seen it but from the trailers Ive seen for it , I thought it looked a bit scripted

Programme about Redcar on a the moment

There must be a meeting there today,;)

---------- Post added 11-09-2018 at 16:13 ----------

Ms Macbeth is spot on. There is nothing good about these "reality" shows (which are scripted) or the people on them.

Right on mate, I have been on a couple of movie sets and saw a commercial made next door. The amount of people involved in filming is massive, and that is why I cringe at the thought of "reality" shows there is no such thing, everything is choreographed and there are umpteen takes per scene until they get it right. Same with game shows, I was at a Take your Pick screening in Blackpool in the late 60s and it took nearly two hours to make a half-hour show. Lol

Edited by Ontarian1981