The alternatives to Virgin Media

Im a gamer too and dont seem to have any problems :)

Could be that they've oversubscribed on my UBR (again).

I can only speak from personal experience. As I say, if I switch over to either of my BT lines in the load balancer, lag pretty much disappears.

Out of curiosity, for those that have ditched Virgin TV, what are you using instead?

Freeview covers everything we need so we've looked at PVRs, will give Virgin their month's notice on Monday and go from there.

Talk talk ....and it's a pile of s**te....router drops off all the time , speed drops to 0.005 meg

Call centre as above ....

Out of curiosity, for those that have ditched Virgin TV, what are you using instead?

Freeview covers everything we need so we've looked at PVRs, will give Virgin their month's notice on Monday and go from there.

I'm in the same situation and have been planning to cancel Virgin for a while now. I've purchased a Humax FVP5000T freeview box a while ago at a heavily discounted price when Maplins was on its last few days of trading. Only just set it up recently but seems a very capable box that also acts as a media server so recorded programs can be watched (and possibly even transferred, not tried that bit yet) on other devices on your network that have media playing capabilities.

I've been with Sky for the past 8 months after many, many years of Virgin, but no service where I currently am.

Just basic 20Mb ADSL broadband, and its been absolutely fine, no loss of service, good speed, no slowdowns in the evening.

I use a Freeview HD recorder and then an Android box with various non-Kodi apps.

I've been looking at a switch TO Virgin recently.

I moved house a few months ago and at the time there was no fibre available in my area with my current provider but in order to retain me they offered to give me ADSL for free till the end of my current term (7 & a bit months). The annoying thing is that I've been in contact with Openreach because there are several fibre cabinets installed, one no more that 40mtrs from my home and was told that everything's ready & ISPs have been notified and are awaiting orders to connect homes.

However I enjoy TV shows currently broadcast by the UKTV networks (Dave, Alibi, Gold etc)

Today Virgin have dropped these channels due to "costs". Basically Virgin say UKTV want too much, UKTV say Virgin doesn't want to pay a fair price.

Virgin have also refused to comment when customers have asked if their bills are going to be reduced to reflect the loss of 10 channels as well as the loss of on-demand/catch-up services (UKTV Play)

Just to update this.

I had previously submitted a complaint 4 weeks ago regarding the lack of fibre despite the equipment needed being ready and was told it would be 6-8 weeks for a reply due to the nature.

On Monday I got a call out of the blue from Sky's "executive office". A lovely Scottish lady was calling to inform me that fibre has now been allocated to my area and I can now have my service upgraded. I couldn't have it for free like my ADSL however they're willing to heavily discount it. I will have to pay £6.01 per month for Fibre Unlimited (40/10 service) and no line rental for the next 18 months

Suffice to say I said yes and I'll be connected sometime on Thurs 2nd :D

I see virgin media is going up another £3 in october,i thought it would go up when they said you can have 200mbs for no extra charge.