Rate the Pink Floyd albums you have

I have them all on record so Ill start

1) Piper at the gates of dawn - 10/10 (1967)

I think this is thier BEST ever album and its sad SYD had a break down and they felt they had to let him go.......

2) Meddle - 10/10 (1971)

Another good album

3) Dark side of the moon - 10/10 (1973)

Excellent!

4) Wish you were here - 10/10 (1975)

Excellent!

5) Animals - 10/10 - (1977)

Excellent

6) The Wall - 10/10 (1979)

Excellent

7) Final Cut (1982) - I had this album but got rid of it .. 2/10

COMPLETE CRAP!!

For me, DSOTM and WYWH are the 2 greatest albums ever recorded.

Meddle is great and i have a massive soft spot for it.

The Wall - i love the concept, but just too much faffing and indulgence for me. When it hits, it's epic, but there's too much filler for my liking.

The Division Bell is amazing musically, but it lacks Waters' scathing songwriting.

The rest i'm really not bothered about.

No ummagumma :o

Echoes is a great compilation of their best songs for the occasional fan like myself. One of the best "greatest hits" albums around. I do however have their two biggies on vinyl and Dark Side Of The Moon on a special edition CD,as well. Not too keen on the very early stuff, bordering on glam rock and too pretentious for my liking.

Most early Floyd didn't transfer to well to record, it was ok under trick lighting effects but not to clever in your own front room on a rainy Thursday afternoon. Floyd were finished once roger waters left but his solo albums are well worth the time to track down, but true Floyd fans will already know that. The "final cut" was the first roger waters solo album as the rest of the band were just hired as session players.

---------- Post added 16-05-2018 at 14:30 ----------

I have them all on record so Ill start

1) Piper at the gates of dawn - 10/10 (1967)

I think this is thier BEST ever album and its sad SYD had a break down and they felt they had to let him go....they did not let him go he just left...

2) Meddle - 10/10 (1971)

Another good album...bit of a muddle

3) Dark side of the moon - 10/10 (1973)

Excellent!..cant argue with that one

4) Wish you were here - 10/10 (1975)

Excellent!of course

5) Animals - 10/10 - (1977)

Excellentbit disappointing some doggy rhymes " whitehouse and ****ehouse

6) The Wall - 10/10 (1979)

Excellent,,includes the glorious comfortably numb

7) Final Cut (1982) - I had this album but got rid of it .. 2/10

COMPLETE CRAP!!??????

the first of waters solo masterpieces a lament for a father he never knew killed in the war "in the corner of a foreign field the gunner sleeps tonight" my bold Edited by choogling

I dont own many Floyds especially the later

Ones i do have on vinyl (mostly originals) are

Dark side of the moon

Wish you were here

Ummagumma (2 copies, a uk original and a reissue)

Meddle

Obscured by clouds

Piper at the gates of dawn (not an original)

Relics (also have it on cd)

I also really need to get The Wall again, not perfect but it does bring back memories of an old mate that used to play it all the time, and died back in the 00s

May aswell get Animals too while im at it lol

Dark side of the moon and Wish you were here are two of my all time favourite albums and the 2 i go back to all the time, ones i could listen to every day if i had to

Edited by melthebell

My favourite Floyd album is Pulse, a double live album. Meddle and The Division Bell are very good but I was disappointed with The Endless River.

Saucerful of Secrets?

forgot about that one, i want The Wall, Animals and Saucerful of secrets LOL

---------- Post added 16-05-2018 at 17:46 ----------

My favourite Floyd album is Pulse, a double live album. Meddle and The Division Bell are very good but I was disappointed with The Endless River.

i used to have a double cd box of Pulse with the flashing (pulsing) light, but sold it years ago

Dark Side every time for me.

No ummagumma :o

The live sides of that album is my favourite Floyd - saw them live at the City Hall 3 times in the early '70's. Always thought they were much better live than on record - I saw them perform DSOTM in 1972 and was blown away - when they album was released a year later I thought large parts of it were overproduced and rather pedestrian. All stuff post DSOTM I find pretty turgid - none of the excitement or experimentalism of their early stuff.

I think a subsidiary question needs to be Waters or Gilmour - and for me, it's going to be Gilmour every time. Much better musician, much better singer, much better songwriter.