Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Tramlines Festival set to move to Hillsborough Park

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

25-05-2018, 07:39   #261
ElectricShok

Total Posts: 5
1000 tickets to the the people who live closest to the park. Those who qualify to be informed in Feb/March. It's not rocket science is it?
25-05-2018, 10:55   #262
nikki-red
Pyjama addict

Total Posts: 53,724
Posts containing confidential information have been removed.

Please do not repost or you may find your account suspended.
_______
One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires...
25-05-2018, 10:59   #263
EmmaJones76

Total Posts: 651
There is a press release due today regarding fringe venue expectations for Tramlines.

You heard it here first. A friend who runs a venue had an email yesterday and is absolutely foaming at the mouth about the content of it.

Last edited by EmmaJones76; 25-05-2018 at 11:20.
25-05-2018, 11:22   #264
chris101

Total Posts: 622
Think Tramlines has been a big con for years they ask to believe for years they didn't make any profit.
The move to Hillsborough has been a complete fix the badly published public meeting in my opinion was just a tick the box exercise with council officers there who have previously worked for tramlines. At no point during the meeting was there any mention of an application for 3 years being made.
We will see if the promised public access to the park will still be there.
25-05-2018, 11:51   #265
paula4sheff

Total Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
Think Tramlines has been a big con for years they ask to believe for years they didn't make any profit.
The move to Hillsborough has been a complete fix the badly published public meeting in my opinion was just a tick the box exercise with council officers there who have previously worked for tramlines. At no point during the meeting was there any mention of an application for 3 years being made.
The lack of profit in previous years is very likely to be true - don't forget that it's been bought out this year, so it's a very different beast.

The fact that the buyout occurred immediately after the move was approved is interesting. Was approval based on showing goodwill towards Tramlines being a locally run event, and the takeover kept quiet (there were rumours though) until the deal was done? I don't know.

This press release is very interesting stuff, and will make for an interesting discussion.....
25-05-2018, 11:52   #266
makapaka

Total Posts: 3,376
Quote:
How can a festival be a con.

You donít have to go.
25-05-2018, 13:49   #267
JH515

Total Posts: 8
Well I’ve received my email letting me know I’ve been successful in the resident’s tickets ballot so I shall be enjoying the festival for free and right on my door step too.
25-05-2018, 14:16   #268
Narden Dee

Total Posts: 885
Quote:
conspiracies everywhere

Last edited by nikki-red; 30-05-2018 at 10:59.
25-05-2018, 14:28   #269
harleyd

Total Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH515 View Post
Well Iíve received my email letting me know Iíve been successful in the residentís tickets ballot so I shall be enjoying the festival for free and right on my door step too.
Yay us too
30-05-2018, 10:56   #270
Victoria1867

Total Posts: 637
My mate's got two and lives miles away.
30-05-2018, 11:50   #271
makapaka

Why are tramlines finances and ownership of interest to anyone other than the owners? If you don’t like the way they run it dont go.
30-05-2018, 13:09   #272
paula4sheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaka View Post
Why are tramlines finances and ownership of interest to anyone other than the owners? If you donít like the way they run it dont go.
They're of big interest to other businesses in the City who received a certain notification.....that we aren't allowed to post on here as yet, for unspecified reasons.

They're also of interest to those who heard rumours the buyout was not being announced until approval of the move to Hillsborough had been granted, as the approval was far more likely to succeed on the basis of the event being run by a local company. The buyout then happened, as rumoured.

All the above are of a lot of interest to a lot of people, whether they choose to attend or not.
30-05-2018, 13:17   #273
Ms Macbeth
Baby boomer

Total Posts: 17,361
3 days in the park. The fair is there longer and no one gets free tickets to that. I'm not interested in going, but if Hillsborough park benefits then I'll be pleased. I'm also pleased for those residents who've applied for and got tickets.

It's an event. It's popularity will be marked by the ticket sales, like any other.
_______
Health is the greatest gift,
contentment the greatest wealth,
faithfulness the best relationship.

Buddha
30-05-2018, 13:38   #274
paula4sheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Macbeth View Post
3 days in the park. The fair is there longer and no one gets free tickets to that. I'm not interested in going, but if Hillsborough park benefits then I'll be pleased. I'm also pleased for those residents who've applied for and got tickets.

It's an event. It's popularity will be marked by the ticket sales, like any other.
True. I think a lot of people's issues with it come from the difference between what it was, and what it is now. I don't even consider it the same thing- the only similarity is the name now.

It's sad it couldn't have kept going in it's original form, but there were issues with it, mainly financial ones.

Now we've got a highly commercial and marketable three day music festival, identical in form and lineup to many up and down the country. Nothing unique or special - just a music event that caters for one type of person.

That's fine, but I can see why people are sore about it. They just need to not get too angry, and acknowledge that 'Tramlines' is dead now.
30-05-2018, 13:53   #275
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 58,266
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula4sheff View Post
True. I think a lot of people's issues with it come from the difference between what it was, and what it is now. I don't even consider it the same thing- the only similarity is the name now.

It's sad it couldn't have kept going in it's original form, but there were issues with it, mainly financial ones.

Now we've got a highly commercial and marketable three day music festival, identical in form and lineup to many up and down the country. Nothing unique or special - just a music event that caters for one type of person.

That's fine, but I can see why people are sore about it. They just need to not get too angry, and acknowledge that 'Tramlines' is dead now.
ive said it before ill say it again, youre lucky to still have one in any form, embrace it, once its gone its gone

Once upon a time we had a free music festival in Middlesbrough called Music live which i went to (in the earliest days, and then a couple of the later ones), it was spread through various pubs, clubs and places in the town centre.
Then they changed the name to "Intro" and started charging a bit more for entry
Then...........it vanished, and hasnt returned since
2011 was the last one i went to, mightve been the last one full stop i cant remember tbh
First one i went to was 2000 (and saw 4 bands (think there was only like one stage back then) including Kitachi and Eddi Reader)
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
30-05-2018, 14:02   #276
paula4sheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
ive said it before ill say it again, youre lucky to still have one in any form, embrace it, once its gone its gone

Once upon a time we had a free music festival in Middlesbrough called Music live which i went to (in the earliest days, and then a couple of the later ones), it was spread through various pubs, clubs and places in the town centre.
Then they changed the name to "Intro" and started charging a bit more for entry
Then...........it vanished, and hasnt returned since
2011 was the last one i went to, mightve been the last one full stop i cant remember tbh
First one i went to was 2000 (and saw 4 bands (think there was only like one stage back then) including Kitachi and Eddi Reader)
'Lucky' and 'embrace it, once it's gone it's gone' doesn't really apply does it, when it's a paid for ticket, sold by a business, for money?

I don't feel 'lucky' or have any desire to appreciate it before it goes - tickets are £90 and I don't like the lineup! Many do, but it's not for me.

If it was free, then yes I might feel lucky to have it, and I would try and appreciate it!

As it stands - it's like someone saying to me - "you're lucky to have a Gucci shop in your city, you should appreciate it, as once it's gone it's gone".

Good luck to them - but no need for appreciation!
30-05-2018, 14:06   #277
melthebell
*gets coat*

Quote:
'Lucky' and 'embrace it, once it's gone it's gone' doesn't really apply does it, when it's a paid for ticket, sold by a business, for money?

I don't feel 'lucky' or have any desire to appreciate it before it goes - tickets are £90 and I don't like the lineup! Many do, but it's not for me.

If it was free, then yes I might feel lucky to have it, and I would try and appreciate it!

As it stands - it's like someone saying to me - "you're lucky to have a Gucci shop in your city, you should appreciate it, as once it's gone it's gone".

Good luck to them - but no need for appreciation!
as i said, id like the option to go to one, but i cant, if you dont like the lineup fair enough.
What i dont like is the constant moaning about it, its a festival, its changed, it charges, and? at least you have one to have the option to go to.

trouble is most of these events used to be free but over the years do to more and more costs...and other expenditure these events have been the first to be knocked on the head by councils. im not sure on the history of tramlines wasnt it subsidised by the council originally? like others around the country were?
_______
30-05-2018, 14:14   #278
paula4sheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by melthebell View Post
as i said, id like the option to go to one, but i cant, if you dont like the lineup fair enough.
What i dont like is the constant moaning about it, its a festival, its changed, it charges, and? at least you have one to have the option to go to.

trouble is most of these events used to be free but over the years do to more and more costs...and other expenditure these events have been the first to be knocked on the head by councils. im not sure on the history of tramlines wasnt it subsidised by the council originally? like others around the country were?
You could go to Tramlines this year? Not sold out!

Well as I said - it's the fact it's changed so much as to not even be the same thing that people are complaining about. If it was an entirely new event I'm sure no one would be annoyed really.

Yeah - council used to subsidise it. That stopped, so they charged, but still couldn't make the finances work, so something had to change.

It's fine - but people just need to stop associating this event with Tramlines as it was.

I'd say I'm a little annoyed by it, personally - simply because I used to enjoy Tramlines a lot. every year - and this year there's nothing. Spending all weekend in Hillsborough Park, watching bands I have no interest in, isn't the same thing for me, at all, so it's not so much about the money - more the fact the event offers nothing to people like myself and my friends, where once it was a really fun weekend. I'll miss the old Tramlines.

But that's fine- that's just my view. I'll go and do something else that weekend, and let those that like the idea of it have their fun.
30-05-2018, 14:23   #279
melthebell
*gets coat*

Quote:
You could go to Tramlines this year? Not sold out!
I want to go, i cant really go, start a new job which possibly starts July 1st, currently unemployed so finances stretched and as i dont live near sheffield id need travel, AND possibly accomodation as well as the £90 (which i don think is that bad tbh considering over 70 acts (apparently) to pay aswell as the other costs associated)

Id love to go purely for John Shuttleworth, Pregnant Everly Brothers, De La Soul, AND ive heard one of my favourite UK82 punk bands Mau Maus are playing after reforming so.....
_______
30-05-2018, 15:51   #280
makapaka

Quote:
They're of big interest to other businesses in the City who received a certain notification.....that we aren't allowed to post on here as yet, for unspecified reasons.

They're also of interest to those who heard rumours the buyout was not being announced until approval of the move to Hillsborough had been granted, as the approval was far more likely to succeed on the basis of the event being run by a local company. The buyout then happened, as rumoured.

All the above are of a lot of interest to a lot of people, whether they choose to attend or not.
That says theyíre of interest but not why - what is the issue your interested in?
Reply To Topic