Now should abortion be this illegal.

It will be cheaper for them to nip into The Republic now, rather than coming over the water.

I don't think that it is particularly the Catholic community in NI that has led to the current law.

It is very much the Catholic Church that forced the anti-abortion law and is also very against contraception.

It’s so bad that a pregnant woman with Cancer isn’t allowed any Cancer treatment until she has gone full term. They’d rather see the mother and baby die than have an abortion that could save the mothers life. How can that be classed as “Pro Life”?

Anyway it’s all set to change now, the yes vote won in Ireland and I’m sure the north will follow suit.

Edited by steroc

It is very much the Catholic Church that forced the anti-abortion law and is also very against contraception.

It’s so bad that a pregnant woman with Cancer isn’t allowed any Cancer treatment until she has gone full term. They’d rather see the mother and baby die than have an abortion that could save the mothers life. How can that be classed as “Pro Life”?

Anyway it’s all set to change now, the yes vote won in Ireland and I’m sure the north will follow suit.

The Protestant churches in NI have similar views. It’s not just a Catholic view.

abortions are also next to impossible to obtain in the Isle of Man. Women there have to go to the mainland as well. Apparently there is a bit of a rush, every year, about three months after the TT race.

Final result in from Dublin, confirming a resounding win for the yes vote.

Massive turnout as well.

Nowt to do with religion.

Abortion is Clinical Murder.!

Unless by rape or such.

How can anyone Kill a Life?.. :(

Final result in from Dublin, confirming a resounding win for the yes vote.

Massive turnout as well.

did you notice how cagey everyone was about the polling in the build up to the Irish abortion referendum. I was listening to the coverage, primarily on the radio World Service and everyone was making out that it was quite an even split. Nobody said that the numbers indicated, that it was moving toward the pro-abortion faction.

nobody said the polls are telling us that is pointing at a win for the pro-abortion faction. Even though they must have known, that was the way it was going. It turned out to be over a 2:1 majority - a massive endorsement.

not like the Scottish independence referendum at all. With that, everyone was releasing polls all the time, throughout the campaign. On the Wednesday it was 53-47. But by next Monday, it was 55-45.

The Irish obviously disallowed any polling like that at all to be done and published in their media and it looks like everybody in the UK went along with it.

precise numbers weren't mentioned in the American media either, which I also look at. All they said was that there was this Irish abortion referendum coming up. Nobody in the USA press ever said what was to be the likeliest outcome and here are these polls that have been taken, and which give us an indication of what the result will be.

Polls were carried out and reported:

http://www.thejournal.ie/abortion-poll-red-c-sunday-business-post-4023304-May2018/

.... but rte were scrupulously neutral in all their broadcasting.

They would have been in deep doodoo if there was the slightest suggestion that they had appeared to support one side or the other.

Polls were carried out and reported:

http://www.thejournal.ie/abortion-poll-red-c-sunday-business-post-4023304-May2018/

.... but rte were scrupulously neutral in all their broadcasting.

They would have been in deep doodoo if there was the slightest suggestion that they had appeared to support one side or the other.

Never..........!

Unless by rape or such.

Unless by rape or such.

I wouldn't have put it like that but in principle I agree. Note that there are exceptions, but abortions have become far too common, and are given on demand, notwithstanding there are certain conditions which are supposed to have been met.

I'd rather women who don't want babies tried very hard to not get pregnant in the first place. There are many forms of contraception which work very well.