Freedom Of Speech.

Does freedom of speech mesn we can deny the holocoust. Or is that not part of it.?

Does freedom of speech mesn we can deny the holocoust. Or is that not part of it.?

Of course you can. You should expect to be put right by people using theirs.:)

Holocaust denial is not illegal in the UK.

Holocaust denial is not illegal in the UK.

No. Just a classic sign that a person is a) incredibly stupid

b) morally diseased

It’s very similar to ‘equality’, in that some folk are far more equal than others. ;)

It’s very similar to ‘equality’, in that some folk are far more equal than others. ;)

For too many people feedom of speech only extends as far as things that they agree with. It's the classic work on authoritarianism that you allude to and it is especially prevalent in the so called progressive left, as that classic work identified so well.

For too many people feedom of speech only extends as far as things that they agree with. It's the classic work on authoritarianism that you allude to and it is especially prevalent in the so called progressive left, as that classic work identified so well.

Many years ago I had dealings with some high ranking Sheffield City Council officials. The inverted snobbery that I experienced put the Old Etonian ‘old boy’s club’ to shame.

Many years ago I had dealings with some high ranking Sheffield City Council officials. The inverted snobbery that I experienced put the Old Etonian ‘old boy’s club’ to shame.

Intriguing....

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 17:33 ----------

Especially prevalent on the political and religious right wing too.

Just in the last couple of days two Catholic Bishops have described a BBC Daily Politics interview as a “new bigotry” for its questioning of Tory MP, Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Coburn also asked whether Rees-Mogg had a problem with fellow Conservative MP Ruth Davidson being gay and engaged to be married.

Rees-Mogg replied: “The sacrament of marriage is available to a man and a woman, this is the teaching of the Catholic Church, which I accept.”

She added: “Can you see that that’s a problem if you were to hold a senior position?”

The questions came after fellow Conservative MPs Anna Soubry and Justine Greening raised the point that Rees-Mogg’s views on gay marriage and abortion were incompatible with leading the party.

http://pressgazette.co.uk/catholic-bishops-accuse-the-bbc-of-bigotry-over-jacob-rees-mogg-interview-questioning-his-views-on-same-sex-marriage/

After many hundreds of years of the Catholic Church telling the world that homosexuals are immoral / degenerate / diseased etc, and gay people being treated as second class citizens; the church are now playing the victim card, because their emissary in parliament Jacob Rees Mogg faced some fairly timid questioning from a journalist on his stance on homosexuality.

Edited by Mister M

Ha ha. I’ve just noticed that something I wrote in the last paragraph above was automatically removed, further supporting my point.

There is no expectation of free speech on a private forum though, and the rules quite clearly tell you that swearing is not allowed since this is 'family friendly'.

Unfortunately the name for a male hen, is also slang for the penis, the 'algorithms' being simple word matches can't tell anything about context and so you have to call it a rooster and not a c0ckerel or it's abreviation.

Nb - for any mods reading, that is NOT masked swearing.

A rooster, also known as a c0ckerel or c0ck, is a male gallinaceous bird, usually a male chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus). Mature male chickens less than one year old are called c0ckerels.

Intriguing....

---------- Post added 27-05-2018 at 17:33 ----------

Especially prevalent on the political and religious right wing too.

Just in the last couple of days two Catholic Bishops have described a BBC Daily Politics interview as a “new bigotry” for its questioning of Tory MP, Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Coburn also asked whether Rees-Mogg had a problem with fellow Conservative MP Ruth Davidson being gay and engaged to be married.

Rees-Mogg replied: “The sacrament of marriage is available to a man and a woman, this is the teaching of the Catholic Church, which I accept.”

She added: “Can you see that that’s a problem if you were to hold a senior position?”

The questions came after fellow Conservative MPs Anna Soubry and Justine Greening raised the point that Rees-Mogg’s views on gay marriage and abortion were incompatible with leading the party.

http://pressgazette.co.uk/catholic-bishops-accuse-the-bbc-of-bigotry-over-jacob-rees-mogg-interview-questioning-his-views-on-same-sex-marriage/

After many hundreds of years of the Catholic Church telling the world that homosexuals are immoral / degenerate / diseased etc, and gay people being treated as second class citizens; the church are now playing the victim card, because their emissary in parliament Jacob Rees Mogg faced some fairly timid questioning from a journalist on his stance on homosexuality.

Remind us again which party introduced gay marriage?

Is that an attempt to defend JRM's views?