Reply To Topic

24-05-2018, 22:29   #41
Ontarian1981

Total Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by choogling View Post
top band the guess who turned into bto.

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 19:56 ----------

do you work in a record shop or something?
Burton Cummings the lead singer of Guess Who never joined BTO,he became a solo artist with quite a bit of success, but mainly in Canada, meanwhile BTO had success worldwide. Bit of a titbit the Guess Who outsold the Beatles in North America in 1967, and I had never heard of them until I came to Canada in 1981. Great band.
Yesterday, 10:25   #42
charliewag

Total Posts: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelike View Post
charliewag..

Mentioning ENO you have just reminded me of another great 1970s band, Roxy Music.
I was a big Roxy fan for the first five albums then their sound changed for the worst.

---------- Post added 25-05-2018 at 10:42 ----------

Quote:
top band the guess who turned into bto.

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 19:56 ----------

do you work in a record shop or something?
No, I have a stereo system at work and when we're on 2-10 and the management have left, my work partner and me play records and cds rather than the radio. Fortunately we have similar tastes in music.
Yesterday, 14:59   #43
choogling

Total Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelike View Post
Already got Some Wharfedales but one problem has just materialised that I had never though about.. I now need a RIAA phono amp, so have just set about designing a PCB for one..

How about revisiting Supertramp as well.
Just bought one for stage use it is made by Behringer and fitted with trs 1/4 inch connectors to go straight in to my mixer at line level or output via std phono for a home amp. Sounds great very low distortion .Years ago I built one using parts from Maplin's ,sadly shut now, but you can still get kits from eBay, I built one that ran on batteries for good mains insulation.

---------- Post added 25-05-2018 at 15:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontarian1981 View Post
Burton Cummings the lead singer of Guess Who never joined BTO,he became a solo artist with quite a bit of success, but mainly in Canada, meanwhile BTO had success worldwide. Bit of a titbit the Guess Who outsold the Beatles in North America in 1967, and I had never heard of them until I came to Canada in 1981. Great band.
Another good Canadian band but from the late sixties is "McKenna Mendelson Mainline " they had a double a side single out in 1969 and the classic album "Stink" out the same, year first heard them at the "heartbeat" club at the silver blades in 69 been a blues fan ever since.
Yesterday, 23:40   #44
Ontarian1981

Total Posts: 831
Quote:
Just bought one for stage use it is made by Behringer and fitted with trs 1/4 inch connectors to go straight in to my mixer at line level or output via std phono for a home amp. Sounds great very low distortion .Years ago I built one using parts from Maplin's ,sadly shut now, but you can still get kits from eBay, I built one that ran on batteries for good mains insulation.

---------- Post added 25-05-2018 at 15:10 ----------

Another good Canadian band but from the late sixties is "McKenna Mendelson Mainline " they had a double a side single out in 1969 and the classic album "Stink" out the same, year first heard them at the "heartbeat" club at the silver blades in 69 been a blues fan ever since.
Slightly off topic but you seem to be a blues fan. What do you think of Jonny Lang? One of my very favourite blues albums is 'Lie To Me', made by Jonny over 20 years ago when he was just 16 years old. Excellent vocals and guitar work from someone so young.
Reply To Topic