Polish resettlement corps

my father in law was polish and settled here after WW2 working in the steel industry. ( interesting that this group were not welcomed by the national trade unions....) I have joined a family history group but having real problems tracking him down. I am ashamed to say that I did not question him closely when I knew him 1980 - 97. I only have his date of birth, his naturalisation certificate and army number and all my efforts so far have got me nowhere. Can anyone please help with a positive way forward?

You could try contacting/visiting the Polish Club on Eccleshall Road.

Many of the old guys from that era went there. Someone may know something.

What was his name by the way?

thanks his name before he changed it by deed poll was Jozef Kolataj. I was under the impression that the Polish club had now closed. He made a point of not mixing with the Polish community according to his family, presumably to try and forget some of the horror. have been reading around subject and apparently the national trade unions were not keen to welcome the 250,ooo who were in Uk after the war. Pity I did not talk to him when he was alive!