Dink.. Sheridan 1-0

I know, but the thread was clearly bait. 27 year anniversary. :hihi:

Not a bait ... I couldn’t careless what Unitedites think ...it was a great day seeing my team win a Cup Final at Wembley...something I probably won’t ever see again ..

It’s a forum about Sheffield football & if grown adults can’t ignore something they don’t like then maybe this isn’t the place for them ..

Not a bait ... I couldn’t careless what Unitedites think ...it was a great day seeing my team win a Cup Final at Wembley...something I probably won’t ever see again ..

It’s a forum about Sheffield football & if grown adults can’t ignore something they don’t like then maybe this isn’t the place for them ..

Alright. :hihi:

I agree.

Alright. :hihi:

I agree.

You should ask your Dad what he remembers about the day surely as a Wednesdayite he has fond memories of it ....

You should ask your Dad what he remembers about the day surely as a Wednesdayite he has fond memories of it ....

My Mum won a competition at work and won some tickets and gave them to my Dad. He went with my late Grandad who was also an Owl, and my uncle who is a Blade. All cheering on Wednesday.

My Mum won a competition at work and won some tickets and gave them to my Dad. He went with my late Grandad who was also an Owl, and my uncle who is a Blade. All cheering on Wednesday.

Can’t believe you’ve turned out supporting the wrong side what with your Dad & Grandad being Wednesdayites ..!

But putting rivalries to one side it’s days like that one & the Sheffield derby at Wembley that are worth remembering for stories like yours...

Can’t believe you’ve turned out supporting the wrong side what with your Dad & Grandad being Wednesdayites ..!

But putting rivalries to one side it’s days like that one & the Sheffield derby at Wembley that are worth remembering for stories like yours...

They were both different types. They wanted both sides to do well. My family is very mixed, my Dad is an Owl, and my uncle is a Blade. Brothers growing up supporting opposite sides can't happen much these days.

We lived close to Bramall Lane, I went to Hillsborough with him a couple of times, but he mostly took me to the Lane. I remember going to the play off semi final with him against Forest with him when I was about ten, I remember it like it was yesterday.

He got into it as much as any Blade there. He went home and away with Wednesday regularly in the 80's, but rarely went since, whereas his brother was, and always has been much more into it. He took me to Old Trafford for the FA Cup semi final against Arsenal, and was always much more of a Blade than my Dad was an Owl, if that makes sense.

That pretty much why I joined the 'dark' side. ;)