Telly is terrible

Just watched Pointless tonight. The format of the show is good but the two presenters? Gordon Bennett, they are dreadful.

The "banter" between Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman is dire. Honestly, tumbleweeds blow across the set when they are trying to be funny. I've had funnier broken bones.

Them two would be better of in Downing St with the rest of the boring and Unfunny Tories.:suspect:

I like all medical programmes as I was a nurse . Great one on BBC2 this week from The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. My brother in law was a consultant surgeon there.:thumbsup:

I used to love watching Your life in their hands,top programme.I used to find myself watching it on my own because the rest of the family didn't like all the blood and guts,i loved it.

Haha - it's escapism really. So far flung from my every day work for it to be entertaining.

I work cross site in CT and only joined the NHS because i thought everything in Casualty/Holby City was how it really was....:hihi::hihi::hihi:

An excellent Nordic thriller series called Rebecka Martinsson: Arctic Murders started on More4 tonight.

What is it with the naff TV these days. We have amazing 55"+ LCD 4K High Definition and god knows what else yet the stuff broadcast is rubbish

So sick of the cheesy cook shops, cheap quiz shows, diy and home makeovers etc etc

Really miss the thought provoking programmes like Horizon and Panorama

Can't wait for the spring to return along with the light nights and to turn the effing TV off!!

Pure dross

I practically never watch live TV anymore. I set lots of things to record, and unless I'm recording them because I know the programme, format, or host, I give them a few minutes. I find quite a lot of interesting things this way.

The other option is wiring your tv into the computer, and watching youtube on it. I add things that look potentially interesting and when looking for things to watch, just click on that, and switch the TV to the computer.

As for Horizon, there are loads available online and on BBC player. Panorama is a joke these days - it reminds me of what I imagine it would be like to see twitter and facebook in video form. Watch some 1960s70s80s ones on youtube. Some are brilliant! The football hooligan one, was a laugh from the first time I heard a posh voice saying these men are positively louts

-

not sure about all this 4d HD type thing. As long as I can hear it, or it has subtitles if I can't, then that's enough for me.

The only thing I can imagine is good in high definition is David attenborough type things, and his programmes have been ruined in the last few years, because he's been conned into this new thinking that the louder the background music/noise, the better the programme.

What's happened to having some decent films on? The ones that are on, are usually rubbish, and the few good ones are repeated over and over again.

Well I never...

New channel opening up on Freeview (channel 81) called 'Talking Pictures TV'

"The channel broadcasts a diverse programme of older, often rarely screened films."

Amongst this weeks offerings are, 'Waterloo Road,' 'Saturday Night and Sunday morning,' 'Richard lll,' 'The Human Jungle', 'The Innocents,' 'Hell Drivers,' 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie,' and 'Look Back in Anger.'

If it gives us a few more of these vintage classics it might be worth a watch.

Well I never...

"The channel broadcasts a diverse programme of older, often rarely screened films."

Amongst this weeks offerings are, 'Waterloo Road,' 'Saturday Night and Sunday morning,' 'Richard lll,' 'The Human Jungle', 'The Innocents,' 'Hell Drivers,' 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie,' and 'Look Back in Anger.'

I will certainly look out for the channel. Saturday Night Sunday Morning Classic. Arthur Seaton. Lol. :hihi:

Well I never...

It's been around for ages but they've been moving the multiplexes around recently so you might only have just been able to receive it.

There are some different things to watch but don't get your hopes up about them not being repeated over and over again.

I will certainly look out for the channel. Saturday Night Sunday Morning Classic. Arthur Seaton. Lol. :hihi:

It's on tonight (Sunday 21st Jan) 11.50pm. Channel 81.

In three minutes time (8pm), Beeb 2: Only Connect. Not all telly is terrible.

In three minutes time (8pm), Beeb 2: Only Connect. Not all telly is terrible.

But most is,look at last night's awards and who won,can't believe Line of duty didn't win,rest,same old faces.

But most is,look at last night's awards and who won,can't believe Line of duty didn't win,rest,same old faces.

Its the joys of the populist public vote I guess.

Just like Brexit, Boaty McBoatface and nearly every election in history.... the majority of the time the masses dont always know best.