Old Stannington

Otter @ Priestly.................Bill Otter And Bert Priestly ran it for years.

It was called Hanmoor Garage, they had Coaches, sold petrol and operated a garage.

I think they also sold cars.

D o you know if they are still alive?

Otter & priestly took us to bradfield school from stannington in

the late fiftys

Just been reading msgs on Stannington/Moorland Place. I'm the Manterfield daughter, we lived at No. 14. We emigrated to Australlia in 1966, my Mum & Dad came out 4 yrs later. Don't know who it was that quite fancied me back then, perhaps you could tell me your name. We lived next door to the Worrals, they were school teachers and came out to Australia for a visit (with their tandem) in the 70s. Roger and I used to lean out of our bedroom windows to talk at night. I wasn't one of 4 kids, there was just me. The Hare & Hounds used to back onto our back garden. Finding it fascinating to hear about all the old places.

Just been reading msgs on Stannington/Moorland Place. I'm the Manterfield daughter, we lived at No. 14. We emigrated to Australlia in 1966, my Mum & Dad came out 4 yrs later. Don't know who it was that quite fancied me back then, perhaps you could tell me your name. We lived next door to the Worrals, they were school teachers and came out to Australia for a visit (with their tandem) in the 70s. Roger and I used to lean out of our bedroom windows to talk at night. I wasn't one of 4 kids, there was just me. The Hare & Hounds used to back onto our back garden. Finding it fascinating to hear about all the old places.
.......think you were once my girlfriend Elaine when we used to sledge down Highfield Rise when it was unmade!....remember?

I don't remember Highfield Rise being unmade, but do remember sledging down there. Maybe if you told me your name I could tell you if I was once your girlfriend! My Dad was an icecream man and died last year aged 97. I remember a girl called Elizabeth lived on the corner of Highfield /Moorland. We now live on the Gold Coast, Qld. (Beautiful place) Do you still live in Stannington?

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 11:22 ----------

Does anyone remember Shirley Wright, Veronica Jackson, Mary Jennings, Ruby Drabble and Andrea Jolly? They were my best friends when we all went to Bradfield Secondary School, when it was brand new. Used to catch the bus just around the corner from Sheldon Lane. Andrea lived in the bottom cottage on Sheldon Lane. I think she got married and went to live in Nottingham.

I don't remember Highfield Rise being unmade, but do remember sledging down there. Maybe if you told me your name I could tell you if I was once your girlfriend! My Dad was an icecream man and died last year aged 97. I remember a girl called Elizabeth lived on the corner of Highfield /Moorland. We now live on the Gold Coast, Qld. (Beautiful place) Do you still live in Stannington?

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 11:22 ----------

Does anyone remember Shirley Wright, Veronica Jackson, Mary Jennings, Ruby Drabble and Andrea Jolly? They were my best friends when we all went to Bradfield Secondary School, when it was brand new. Used to catch the bus just around the corner from Sheldon Lane. Andrea lived in the bottom cottage on Sheldon Lane. I think she got married and went to live in Nottingham.

.......I was in the same class as all the girls you mentioned!.........will send you a PM.

Hi Nick, Sure, I remember you I've been gone for 52 years and never been back but am going to England on Aug 4. Can't wait to get to Stannington and see who I can find. Do you know what happened to the girls? I'm not on Face book. Really don't have the time for it.

---------- Post added 19-07-2018 at 22:21 ----------

Can't send you a PM until I have 5 msgs posted.

---------- Post added 20-07-2018 at 11:15 ----------

Is the rec. still at the bottom of the Rise? And the Post Office just a bit further on than the primary school? What number bus runs up there now? It used to be No.7. and used to go from behind the cathedral(?) in town, can't remember the name of that street. I suppose it's all changed now, but want to be able to catch a bus up there when I come over.

I used to know a girl called Judith Rose who lived in Stannington in the 60's . Does anyone know her ?.

I remember Judith Rose. I think she lived in the cottages just below the old Hare and Hounds. She was a year below me at school, more my sisters age.

That's right she did . do you know what happened to her ?

Sorry I can't help there. I left the village in 1970 when I married. Lived in Oughtibridge for ten years then came to Canada. I don't have any relatives living in Stannington now so have really lost touch. I last visited in 2014 and it had really changed a lot.