Blades chat 2- discuss the games/news here

Will Nearly Warnock do his party piece this season, and keep the Unitedites on the edge of their seats all season, then do his party piece and win nothing again. :)

Too early to say. Nobody has kicked a ball yet. We don't know if any of our new signings will work out, and neither does any other team. Warnock has a great promotion record though, but we'll wait and see...

Still, whether we win promotion, fall at the final hurdle or finish mid-table, we will still do better than that lot at S6, who could be facing the drop.

Hmmmmmm, wednesday have made giant strides to ensure they stay up by.... releasing one of their top scorers and signing some donkey.

pray tell who was one of our top scorers? if you mean matty hamshaw he was great for the 8 games a season he's fit.

We'll be aiming for a nice solid mid table finish, probably a little below you in your favoured position of 8th, why change when you're quite obviously comfortable there? It must be Colins favourite number i'd say.

Why do buses always come at once?

Originally posted by Agent ****

Too early to say. Nobody has kicked a ball yet. We don't know if any of our new signings will work out, and neither does any other team. Warnock has a great promotion record though, but we'll wait and see...

Still, whether we win promotion, fall at the final hurdle or finish mid-table, we will still do better than that lot at S6, who could be facing the drop.

I disagree about Nearly having a great record...he used to have a half decent record, now he's just getting by because he is a Blade.

The time has come for him to either produce the goods or move on and he will I expect do his usual waffling gobbing bit and blame someone else for HIS failings, and still the Blades will be in the same division next year. :|

Couldnt agree more. I honestly believe you will never progress above this level with Colin in charge. You have a very solid squad, but he has reached his peak and is not capable of getting you into the premiership. He is hanging onto an ancient lower league promotion record, and even sheff u fans are starting to lose patience.

I think we should at least make the play-offs. Remember this is the first time the board have allowed Warnock to spend much money on new players and improved wages. If we aren't at least in the top six at Christmas I think Warnock could be sacked though.

apparently a manager of a team who "flirts" with play off every season (believed to be reading) has stated that even they cant compare with the wages we are now prepared to offer players

Originally posted by owdlad

I disagree about Nearly having a great record...he used to have a half decent record, now he's just getting by because he is a Blade.. :|

Eh???????? You owls......

I actually cried laughing then!!!!!