Sunday training runs

Each week the Sheffield Running Club organises a run of between an hour and an hour and a half at about 10 minute mile pace.Today Sunday we ran from Wortley in North Sheffield.Next week we are planning to run from the pavilion at Graves Part at 10.30 am.It where Derbyshire Lane meets Hemsworth Rd.if you would like to run and have some company why not give it a try.

Yes, we had a lovely run yesterday. Nice socialable run with a very friendly group of people. Everyone welcome.

I'm no good at guesstimating pace, done a couple of 10ks now at about an hour each time. So 10km/hr.

How does that translate to minutes/mile (other than slow! ;) )

10K is just over 6 miles so you're running about 10 min miles in these races. You should be fine joining us on a training run :)

suspect an hour to hour+half at that speed would kill me...but only one way to improve!

If you've run a 10K at that pace I'm sure you will be fine. We have a few faster and a few slower runners so you wouldn't be left behind.

Sheffield running Club also meet at Don Valley Stadium at 6pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and caters for all abilities. As I said before we're very friendly, just turn up if you fancy trying a run with us.

Tues/Thurs not going to happen, but Sunday might. Keep posting where you're going folks I get along to join you one day!

I assume you finish roughly where you start (so I can find the car!)?

We either run and out and back route or a circular one, so yes we always end up back where we start!

We'll try and post where the next run is each week on here. Hope you can join us.

the other venues that we are likely to use are Rivelin and Loxley ,Huntersbar/Endcliffe and Don Valley.

Which of these are most popular ?

any other popular starting points to suggest.

Rivelin, Loxley, Don /valley all do-able for me (slowly) but would rather not go too off-road atm, my ankle still isn't right after Judo match last November :(

Don't want to redo it while it's weak.

will keep posting runs on Forum ,this Sunday 19 th july10.30am at Graves Park Pavilion at the junction of Derbyshire Lane/ Hemsworth rd.Easy Run in park,on grass and paths.pace 9-10 minutes a mile,anything from 3 miles 1 lap up to 9 miles 3 laps.Come along join in ,for as little as you like.Good training for the Great Yorkshire Run.At the park ask for Dave or Nick

this Sunday 19 th july10.30am at Graves Park Pavilion at the junction of Derbyshire Lane/ Hemsworth rd.Easy Run

Would that be August ;):hihi: