Blades chat - discuss the games/news here

David Kelly has left Sheffield Utd to be assistant manager at Preston,Stuart McCall will take up the position of assistant manager after having success in the Pontins League.Good Luck Mac.UP THE BLADES

Since there are quite a few Blades fans who like to post about the games why not have a dedicated thread to them?

I seem to get lost sometimes looking for a thread on a particular game different people go over them on different threads. Some have already started with Saturdays game on other threads but lets start with that one. C'mon you Blades get talking!

I will start with Staurdays game v Plymouth, even though I have already put my views across on another thread.

We looked soft in the first half as I think Warnock may have told them to calm down with the red cards. With this in mind I think the players left some 50-50 chances to go, and we were not as tough in tackling.

Second half a bit more aggression was shown and it created some chances for us but we couldn't hit the target. Cad's, Shaw and Gray seemed to get mixed up at times (strikers instinct?) so chances went begging. A good solid perfomance from the back and midfield kept the game in our favour and then I wish I had put money on a Bromby header:gag: Nice finish from him and he is getting used to scoring headers now;)

A bit lazy on the second goal but held out well to go 6th for now. Keep up the run and it could be another good season.

Come on you Blades!

well........ this mini run has been waiting to come

7 games unbeaten!!

BRING ON WATFORD,

i know there normally a bogey team for us, but i have faith in my red and white wizards

and sky have kindly put crewe game on friday for us

IL HAVE SOME OF THAT

as for the plymoth game,

i hope there are some fans of theres on here,

cause there team and fans deserve credit

you cant get much further than plymoth, but they much have brought cloose to the 2000 figure for fans

and they was actually asking warnock for a wave, nice to see actually, as most fans hate him,

suppose he does have a bit of history with them though

the team that came to us yesterday, there is no star players, but what a great Team they have!! work hard for each otther, and was easily the better team in the first half,

the second half though, the tempo was upped, and that was it, they could not handle the pressure, and it was only a matter of time before we scored!!!

respect to plymoth, they made it very hard for us!!!

Agree with you there. What a pleasant set of fans coming all that way. Warnock obliging to wave and applaud them at the end of the game was a nice touch:thumbsup: I am partial to Plymouth anyway as I have good friends down there so will be travelling for the away game.

As you say a good TEAM, no flash names just hard working for each other, a Warnock trait that I belive;)

yeah but plymoth is a tuesday night

i wanted to go down, as my brother said he would take me round bars as he used to be in navy down there

thats right, an owl was gonna come to plymoth game with me LOL

game tonight,

pure absymal

poor fitrst half, second half a bit better

and referee back down on 5 crucial incidents

firstly how can you be offside off a thrown in?

secondly when there keeper caught the ball it was behind the line

thirdly it was not a foul on the keeper and we would have scored off it

forthly, handball in the area is a penalty, not play on

and i forget the 5th cause im drunk

anyways, montgomery is still ****

kenny, well dint have much to do really

harley jags bromby morgan, solid as ever

thirlwell started well

tonge, injured

his replacement hurst did ok, no real mistakes, but did not set the world on fire

liddell was okish, few good crosses

gray, did not seem to know where he was playing

and lester, useless

shocking behaviour

I honestly thought Gray wasn't playing, I missed the team line up as I wasn't listening and he was so quiet in the game. I think it was like last years QPR game, they weren't interested in the game and it showed with Paddy taking the secong penalty. It was on the cards for Paul Shaw to miss a pen' as he had been put on as a sub to take one.

It was the most boring game aswell, nearly fell off asleep as the ball spent more time out of play.

kennys penalty hit inside of post, half a centremeter inwards, would have been a classic penalty!!!

oh well, suppose we will rue it if they pull man utd or somebody in next round!!

Originally posted by MarkB

Why aren't they playing him yet???

because we have a good defence already

why split it?

It doesn't look good for Tongey! Apeearently he heard a crack in his ankle as he went down. We are now without Quinn and Tonge for the Crew game on Friday, looks like Kevan hurst may get a starting role unless Warnock plays Montgomery, Thirwell, Liddle and either Shaw or Gray in central midfield.