More hypocrisy from the Archbishop

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/archbishop-canterbury-justin-welby-blasts-13235450.amp

So the Archbishop slammed the likes of Amazon for their tax avoidance. Now I'm the first to say yes they should pay but to be lambasted by a senior member of an organisation that's pays ZERO tax is utterly ridiculous.

Yes the HMRC should close the loopholes but it should include making religious organisations pay too.

How do you know he pays no tax?

He is doing his job as a prominent Christian, speaking out about injustice and inequality in our Society as you would expect. Nothing hypocritical about that.

Whether you belong to a church or not, they do a lot of good work with the most vulnerable and disadvantaged in society.

Yes the HMRC should close the loopholes but it should include making religious organisations pay too.

I agree.

Amazon.com is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington; so I guess they wouldn't pay much UK tax.

If we have low taxes international companies will have their headquarters here.

Perhaps it would be a good thing if we knew how much tax, those that are influential, or maybe everyone should publish their tax details?

I am sure he would be proud to pay tax, to help all those in poverty?

What's he doing at the TUC anyway, other than rabble rousing?

Why on earth should he not be there?

You have a very odd view of our democracy.

He is doing his job as a prominent Christian, speaking out about injustice and inequality in our Society as you would expect. Nothing hypocritical about that.

Whether you belong to a church or not, they do a lot of good work with the most vulnerable and disadvantaged in society.

The church pays no tax Anna..it's registered as a charity..

God botherers should stick to bothering God. If they want to enter into the Political arena, jack the bothering in and go into Politics.

As the number of Churchgoers get less and less, it seems to me the Head botherer should maybe look to increasing his flock rather than wasting his time commenting on Politics.

Angel1.

God botherers should stick to bothering God. If they want to enter into the Political arena, jack the bothering in and go into Politics.

As the number of Churchgoers get less and less, it seems to me the Head botherer should maybe look to increasing his flock rather than wasting his time commenting on Politics.

Angel1.

People are their business. People's wellbeing is their concern. If that makes them political in this day and age, so be it. Everything is political when it comes down to it, you can't avoid it.

The Church does a lot of good, and helps more than you know. They are behind a lot of foodbanks, credit unions, etc, and loads of different charities that help people directly.

People are their business. People's wellbeing is their concern. If that makes them political in this day and age, so be it. Everything is political when it comes down to it, you can't avoid it.

The Church does a lot of good, and helps more than you know. They are behind a lot of foodbanks, credit unions, etc, and loads of different charities that help people directly.

Considering the CofE has assets around the £7bn mark, I'd say that's the least they could do.

I don't know about that Anna the Pope is giving another slap on the wrist to his subordinates in America today and scolding them about their child abuse records, that before retiring them to a nice little retirement spot in Rome of course.

I don't know about that Anna the Pope is giving another slap on the wrist to his subordinates in America today and scolding them about their child abuse records, that before retiring them to a nice little retirement spot in Rome of course.

The Catholic church is very different to Cof E in some respects: the fact that priests can't marry and have to remain celibate, that they are held in such high regard particularly by poor parishioners to the point where they can (and do) get away with things like child abuse. I don't think it's particularly relevent or helpful to compare the two.

We are simply talking about an important and respected man who has had something very important to say about the plight of the poor in this country.

I don't think it is political in that he is trying to take sides, he's just speaking out about the inequality and injustice that's under our nose.

If it was a situation in another country that he was talking about, we would'nt see him as some meddling Leftie, but as a concerned humanitarian.