England cricket team

Well los t to the Bangladesh team for the 1st time and what a collapse,some players are just not good enough,Ballance has had an awful season for Yorkshire so why was he picked by the selectors?

He's not alone though - it was the lowest total from a side 100-0 against anyone. We can't bowl rudimentary spin, we certainly cant play it. That teenager was good, but there wasn't any mystery. India will be laughing their socks off - don't see any tests going 5 days. No warm ups either in India, we're straight into the first test.

The wheels fell off all right. Congratulations to Bangladesh, well deserved. I agree about Balance and Rashid needs to improve too, he bowls too many bad balls.

The wheels fell off all right. Congratulations to Bangladesh, well deserved. I agree about Balance and Rashid needs to improve too, he bowls too many bad balls.

I'd drop rashid. He's not progressing at all. Bring in the young lancs opener, move duckett to 4. I'd drop balance too, but I'm not sure who for. Butler maybe? Another seamer?

Guest sibon
I'd drop rashid. He's not progressing at all. Bring in the young lancs opener, move duckett to 4. I'd drop balance too, but I'm not sure who for. Butler maybe? Another seamer?

I think that Rashid is worth persevering with. He does take wickets, that alone places him above our other spinners.

Balance is finished. He's had a strange career. A massive average at first and then deterioration to the point that he's unpickable. I'd play Buttler and Bairstow in the same side. It doesn't matter who keeps, they are both fine batsmen and good fielders.

I think that Rashid is worth persevering with. He does take wickets, that alone places him above our other spinners.

Balance is finished. He's had a strange career. A massive average at first and then deterioration to the point that he's unpickable. I'd play Buttler and Bairstow in the same side. It doesn't matter who keeps, they are both fine batsmen and good fielders.

He take wickets does but at such a cost - to say the spin cupboard is empty now doesn't cover it. I'd agree with balance, he's been picked because he isn't a dasher like the rest of our flamboyant (read they play too many daft shots too often) middle order. I've a good feeling about the youngster hameed. He seems to know his own game and I don't think he'll give his wicket away. I like that. Worth remembering a fresh faced A Cook turned up straight from the airport into his first test match and batted beautifully. When we've been at our best we had a top three of cook, Strauss and trott who were the dullest to watch in world cricket but they didn't half score runs.

Funnily enough, picking butler and bairstow could be a master stroke - no law saying you can't mix and match your keepers is there? Not that they'll need to do much as kohli dispatches our bowlers round the park.

Guest sibon

Funnily enough, picking butler and bairstow could be a master stroke - no law saying you can't mix and match your keepers is there? Not that they'll need to do much as kohli dispatches our bowlers round the park.

Haha. Indeed. I can't see the wicket keeper being over-worked, whichever one gets the gloves.

I've been watching the awful batting we've put up for the last six months, wondering why we don't pick one of the most talented batters in world cricket, just because he's also a keeper. Didn't Sri Lanka have four keepers in their test team in May? Buttler is a must, and Bairstow should bat at five, he's wasted at seven.

Edited by sibon

Haha. Indeed. I can't see the wicket keeper being over-worked, whichever one gets the gloves.

I've been watching the awful batting we've put up for the last six months, wondering why we don't pick one of the most talented batters in world cricket, just because he's also a keeper. Didn't Sri Lanka have four keepers intheir test team in May? Buttler is a must, and Bairstow should bat at five, he's wasted at seven.

Butler and Bairstow are worth their place as batsmen,like I said before I wish the selectors would explain why they picked Balance when he had ashocking season and just seemed to try and hang about instead of going for runs,I know the pitch was poor but if the rest went after the bowlers like Ducket and Cooke we may have had a better chance.

I've been watching the awful batting we've put up for the last six months, wondering why we don't pick one of the most talented batters in world cricket, just because he's also a keeper. Didn't Sri Lanka have four keepers in their test team in May? Buttler is a must, and Bairstow should bat at five, he's wasted at seven.

To the best of my knowledge, butler has hardly played a 4 day match since being dropped from the test side - but I'm prepared to be corrected.

We'll struggle to score what one Indian batsman got on his own.

We'll struggle to score what one Indian batsman got on his own.

One quite brilliant batsman facing fairly average spinners (kohli vs swann would have been a contest) and our knackered batsmen facing the world number one spin bowler on a turning track. See how the indians fancy it on a cold may thursday in leeds!