Blades Chat #5 Discuss United here

Got all excited this morning as an envelope from the Lane dropped through my letter box.

Alas, they were not Spurs and Fulham tickets, just the receipt for my Away Blade membership! Got me all giddy for nothing!

Just to put the record straight regading Jags' contract.

Straight from the horses mouth:

"It doesn't really bother me, I'm not looking to leave.

"There have been talks between my agent and the club and I'm sure they'll sit down again at some stage.

"Of course I'd like to get it sorted out but the manager is talking about bringing in a couple of other players and he's very, busy. If he was just sat around sunbathing after training and still nothing had happened then I'd be worried but that's not the case."

Nuff said I reckon.

Leigh Bromby has agreed a new four-year contract at Sheffield United.

The 26-year-old has only just returned to full fitness after missing the end of last season through injury.

United boss Neil Warnock told the Sheffield Star: "This is a terrific moment for both United and myself. Leigh is a class act, a quality player who I expect to flourish at the highest level.

"Securing his services for such a long time goes to show that we're serious about making a go of things.

"Leigh has agreed a deal for three years with the option for a further year included."

Meanwhile, Warnock has confirmed he will not be trying to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Delron Buckley who recently spent a trial spell with the Blades.

how have they managed to sort bromby's contract out and not jags then?

No idea JB I find it a bit weird myself,the best player we have & no contract??

he has a contract, there just extending it!!

I know he has a contract,but I was meaning the new one that is supposed to be being sorted.

Jags has said that they are trying to sort a extension now- i guess we will jsut have to wait!

It will be ok.

Yeah sure,but all the speculation does not help the club or supporters,when other players have been sorted,my first thought was a greedy Agent,I just hope we do not lose him in the mean time,if Villa come in with a £6m bid??

Have faith, Jag's will sign, all will be sorted.

Three days now to the big day, and I am getting butterflies already.

Doesn't seem two minutes since Unsworth nearly took the net off against Hull.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else not received their damn season ticket yet?