Doorstep milk deliveries

Try Ernie , ive heard hes very quick and reliable :thumbsup:

Yeh! The Fastest Milkman in the West. :hihi:

Yeh! The Fastest Milkman in the West. :hihi:

Sadly he was hit in the eye with a stale pork pie, poor Ernie, he WAS the fastest Milkman in the West.

Angel1.

Sadly he was hit in the eye with a stale pork pie, poor Ernie, he WAS the fastest Milkman in the West.

Angel1.

And a rock cake hit him under his heart . R.i.p Ernie

Contacted Hillsborough Dairy 0114 234 3994 for milk delivery every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and was very pleased to meet our local Milkman Chris.

Very friendly, great to have pasteurised milk once again (not homogenised) and very creamy. Invoice will be fortnightly and BAX payment or cash are both accepted. Excellent !!! (August 2018)

We get ours from McQeens.

They deliver in the middle of the night!

We get ours from McQeens.

They deliver in the middle of the night!

Apparently McQueens source their milk from First Milk, which is a dairy farmers cooperative. So their milk is coming from all over the place.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 08:46 ----------

Contacted Hillsborough Dairy 0114 234 3994 for milk delivery every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and was very pleased to meet our local Milkman Chris.

Very friendly, great to have pasteurised milk once again (not homogenised) and very creamy. Invoice will be fortnightly and BAX payment or cash are both accepted. Excellent !!! (August 2018)

Hillborough Dairies, last time I checked, were owned by a company based in Hampshire, which itself was not a farm but sourced from various farmers.

Great to have pasteurised milk once again (not homogenised) and very creamy.

Pasteurisation (heat treatment to extend shelf life) is performed on all milk that goes through a bottling plant, so you've been having pasteurised milk anyway, I'm afraid. Homogenisation (mechanical mixing to reduce the fat droplet size so that it suspends, rather than floating to the top) is an entirely different process that is performed in most large-scale consumer production facilities, but not always in smaller dairies. It's an additional step to skimming, as today's health-conscious consumer doesn't want to visually see cream on top of their milk. Ironically, I bet some people would chuck it away, thinking it had gone off!

Pasteurisation (heat treatment to extend shelf life) is performed on all milk that goes through a bottling plant, so you've been having pasteurised milk anyway, I'm afraid. <SNIPPED> Ironically, I bet some people would chuck it away, thinking it had gone off!

We love seeing the cream on top in the bottle, and at Hillsborough Dairy it is very nice and thick. It's become a bonus for the person in our family that gets to open a new pint glass bottle, get out a small teaspoon and skim it off to enjoy the cream on the milk the way it was in the mid to late 20th century before the 'Americanised' homogenisation process that has changed our way of life.

Somehow this can mainly be enjoyed in the pint glass bottle more than the larger plastic containers. Using reusable glass affords us the feeling that we are contributing to the environment, even if it does cost a tad more than the larger sizes and is a very small way in reduction of plastic usage. :D:)

Apparently McQueens source their milk from First Milk, which is a dairy farmers cooperative. So their milk is coming from all over the place.

Hillborough Dairies, last time I checked, were owned by a company based in Hampshire, which itself was not a farm but sourced from various farmers.

I hope it is coming from British farmers and not the Belgian or other European sources that 'seem' to supply the cheaper/budget German supermarkets? :gag::hihi:

Edited by gzorbas

I read an article the other day that said it seemed very wasteful and bad for the environment to go to the supermarket and buy milk in disposable, plastic bottles.

Wouldn't it be very future thinking if it could be delivered in glass bottles whih were subequently collected and recylcled by non-polluting electric vehicles.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

we had a lovley lady deliver our milk in the 50's called Mrs Marsden on Cross Addy Street S6

Hi

Does anyone know of any milk men in the S12 , Hackenthorpe area please ?

We are happy to supply milkmen if you find one or you can pick our milk up here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&hl=en&mid=1953O9jDigdPadXquTQ15kadek3M&ll=53.393782922650615%2C-1.5130740645996639&z=13

Our cows come in from grazing in the fields in the evening in to our milking parlour we then pasteurise & bottle the milk through the night & deliver it out from 3am making it the freshest milk in Sheffield (and actually the only milk produced & bottled in Sheffield too now).

The milk in supermarkets goes from farm to processing plant to distributor to supermarket hubs & then to local stores so its never as fresh as getting it from the dairy farmer & you tend to loose the natural sweetness too.

We are happy to supply milkmen if you find one or you can pick our milk up here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&hl=en&mid=1953O9jDigdPadXquTQ15kadek3M&ll=53.393782922650615%2C-1.5130740645996639&z=13

Our cows come in from grazing in the fields in the evening in to our milking parlour we then pasteurise & bottle the milk through the night & deliver it out from 3am making it the freshest milk in Sheffield (and actually the only milk produced & bottled in Sheffield too now).

The milk in supermarkets goes from farm to processing plant to distributor to supermarket hubs & then to local stores so its never as fresh as getting it from the dairy farmer & you tend to loose the natural sweetness too.

OCM is just the best, would love it delivered, just need Bradfield Brewery to deliver then life would be great...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: