World Cup 2018 thread

8THANK YOU CROATIA!

England can now stop singing 'Its Coming Home'...

I hope no ambulances or taxis are nearby...frustrated fans will want to vent their anger.

The Itv pundits are now saying that Kane was so rubbish because he had an injury...... Well take him off then. He was never where he was supposed to be tonight. But he'll still claim the golden ball

8THANK YOU CROATIA!

I hope no ambulances or taxis are nearby...frustrated fans will want to vent their anger.

Orwell wrote about people like you, I am no super patriot, but that is just unpleasant.

I said that at best, England would be quarter-finalists.

Yet the youngest side in the tournament, end up as semi-finalist, playing against a side of experienced Croatians, many of whom play for the top sides in Europe, yet the likes of Sheffield born, Leicester playing Maguire, can still hold his head high. As pointed out in the commentary, Luka Modric has won more senior football medals than the 11 England players on the pitch at the time.

However another statistic that popped up; shots on goal, England 1, Croatia 7. We should have had the game wrapped up before halftime. At least 2 good chances that at this level have to be taken.

For once an England team can come home from a tournament, (regardless of the stupid 3rd play playoff spot), with their heads held high.

That isn't why. Croatia were better and England were a bit bobbins if truth be told, especially in the second half. If they want to beat teams as good as Croatia they need better midfield play, not hoofing it forward and hoping for the best.

I agree about the midfield point. In our previous games we seemed to retain possession far more and play the ball forward in a more controlled way; just seemed like too many long shots today.

I don't know if it's because I'm looking through biased eyes, but they definitely seemed a lot more physical (more fouls and general aggression) than us.

......far too many questionable pass backs to our goalkeeper!

......far too many questionable pass backs to our goalkeeper!

Which is fine as long as you can then play out from the back and play through midfield, which I think they can do - some good interplay from Alli, Lingard and Sterling - just seemed to revert to type and hope that someone got a lucky header forward off a Pickford punt. A bit desperate.

I said that at best, England would be quarter-finalists.

Yet the youngest side in the tournament, end up as semi-finalist, playing against a side of experienced Croatians, many of whom play for the top sides in Europe, yet the likes of Sheffield born, Leicester playing Maguire, can still hold his head high. As pointed out in the commentary, Luka Modric has won more senior football medals than the 11 England players on the pitch at the time.

However another statistic that popped up; shots on goal, England 1, Croatia 7. We should have had the game wrapped up before halftime. At least 2 good chances that at this level have to be taken.

For once an England team can come home from a tournament, (regardless of the stupid 3rd play playoff spot), with their heads held high.

not stupid at all, its an achievement to finish 3rd.

not stupid at all, its an achievement to finish 3rd.

Only to those who finish 3rd. Might be ok if you're a 5 yr old but in the scheme of adult sports pointless.

8THANK YOU CROATIA!

One would never label you a pheasant plucker, that's for sure. Despite all the time spent in yer kitchen.

Only to those who finish 3rd. Might be ok if you're a 5 yr old but in the scheme of adult sports pointless.

Bronze medal at the Olympics pointless then.....