Who's right of way is it?

If you are coming from the petrol station in Morrisons, there's a strange, staggered junction. Who would you say has the right of way if cars are coming from the main Morrisons car park and the petrol station if both cars are standing at the junctions at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

If you are coming from the petrol station in Morrisons, there's a strange, staggered junction. Who would you say has the right of way if cars are coming from the main Morrisons car park and the petrol station if both cars are standing at the junctions at the same time?

Thanks in advance!

location might help?:huh:

SORRY!

Thought I'd mentioned it?!?

Catcliffe Morrisons

If it's the Catt life one I give right of way to people coming out of the petrol station because it's easier to see if you are coming out of the car park than the petrol station

Talking of "right of way" I was almost knocked down on Tuesday evening by a car which turned, without indicating, into the side road I was crossing. The driver's reaction was to hoot & give me a gobful to which I responded by telling him to use his indicators because I wasn't a mind-reader.

His response? To say that the traffic light at the junction (filter arrows pointing both ahead & left from the same lane) was green for him so I was in the wrong because I should have waited until the traffic light changed to red. This wasn't a pelican crossing (no red & green man), I did look before I started to cross the side road & I saw the car which appeared to be going straight on - but found it bizarre that the guy was adamant that I was the one in the wrong when he turned into the road I was crossing without indicating.

Of course, if he could have been bothered to switch his indicators on then I'd have known that he was intending to turn & I'd have waited.

Incidentally, when I learned to drive I was told that pedestrians always have right of way when crossing a side road at a junction; traffic intending to turn into a side road should allow pedestrians who are already in the road to cross - not that I'd ever intentionally, as a pedestrian, put that to the test!

What you really have to beware of are the idiots, who without fail pull out of that car park exit to the right, assuming that everyone is going to turn left into Morrisons even though they are not indicating left, totally ignoring the fact that people could be going straight on to fill up, to recycle, or to the bottom of the car park.

Never fails to happen @&£*'s

Talking of "right of way" I was almost knocked down on Tuesday evening by a car which turned, without indicating, into the side road I was crossing. The driver's reaction was to hoot & give me a gobful to which I responded by telling him to use his indicators because I wasn't a mind-reader.

His response? To say that the traffic light at the junction (filter arrows pointing both ahead & left from the same lane) was green for him so I was in the wrong because I should have waited until the traffic light changed to red. This wasn't a pelican crossing (no red & green man), I did look before I started to cross the side road & I saw the car which appeared to be going straight on - but found it bizarre that the guy was adamant that I was the one in the wrong when he turned into the road I was crossing without indicating.

Of course, if he could have been bothered to switch his indicators on then I'd have known that he was intending to turn & I'd have waited.

Incidentally, when I learned to drive I was told that pedestrians always have right of way when crossing a side road at a junction; traffic intending to turn into a side road should allow pedestrians who are already in the road to cross - not that I'd ever intentionally, as a pedestrian, put that to the test!

Any pedestrian already in the road, no matter where, has 'right of way'.

You are spot on. I however have it from another perspective. My son was hit by a taxi just before christmas whilst crossing the road on Bolsover st. He was crossing the road at the time. It is a long straight well lit road. The driver should have seen him and had plenty of time to react. Whilst nothing is proven yet, the police have advised us that since he was already in the road, he had 'right of way'. Why did the driver not see him or react in time? I leave it up to the reader to decide, I don't want to speculate as it is an ongoing investigation but I think 'right of way' may be relevant.