Jamming Session ??

Hello,

I'm a drummer, back doing what I enjoy for the last four years and I'm now looking to develop my enjoyment further by hooking up with like minded 'mature' musicians for a regular, fun based, free and easy jamming sessions - nothing too serious with a see how it goes approach.

As I'm heading fast into my 50's my musical influences are varied but heavy towards the 90's scene ie Oasis, Weller, Stone Roses, OCS but I'm more than willing to consider anything. I would really like to join the creative process of developing new and original material.

So if you're a 'mature' guitarist (rhythm / lead / bass), keyboards or a singer songwriter and willing to give it a go, please get in touch.

I'm a bassist looking for the occasional jam with a view to seeing where it leads.

I can't do with <removed> so I'm going to hit you with a load of negatives up front because I believe in being honest.

The downside is I have exceptionally little time for the foreseeable future (only available a couple of nights a month, available on request) but definitely up for a jam and possible songwriting, although at present playing live would be more difficult unless we stuck to Saturday nights.

I really don't share any of your influences. Not a problem at all for me regarding songwriting but covers might have to be 'negotiated'

Finally on the negative front at the moment I've got a bad tendon in my left hand which although it doesn't completely stop me it severely restricts my playing. I aim to get surgery on this ASAP so it won't be a long term problem it's just the waiting game.

Now for the good stuff.

I'm good. Really good. When I played regularly I had people contacting me constantly out of the blue about doing gigs or recordings for them. I'm forty and left 'the scene' when I got married so not played in a band since around 08 so itching to jam again.

Although I don't share your influences there isn't much I don't like. I'm literally into everything from Beethoven to Megadeth and a whole rainbow of 80's pop, rap, jazz, and rock in between so I am happy to try just about anything as long as I'm not stuck playing route notes the whole song.

I have my own transport and equipment and a small recording set up.

I'm also a reasonably nice person.

If any of that interests you I check this site about twice a week and won't ignore your responses. You won't be able to pm until you have made five posts, hence my lengthy reply on here!!

Edited by nikki-red

Sounds interesting. 'Mature' guitarist in my 50's too and have similar tastes musically to you I think. From Beatles to Blossoms, Oasis to Zeppelin, Smiths to Bears Den. I wouldn't say I'm the most expert player but know what's important (staying in tune and keeping up with the rhythm) in trying to play a good cover or jam of new material. would love to try some acoustic stuff too and perhaps harmonies but happy to go with the flow and try anything.

Let me know if you want to get together for Jam's or collaborations etc. :)

Guitarist, keys, drummer and songwriter. I'm interested in this too if you can get the bass player out of A&E. Let me know if anything comes of it.

Guitarist, keys, drummer and songwriter. I'm interested in this too if you can get the bass player out of A&E. Let me know if anything comes of it.

:hihi:

Got the Dr to refer me to the hand department yesterday so I'm hoping it will be fixed in the next couple of months :headbang:

Hi,

Many thanks for replying back to my post and I'm now really excited & buzzing that we may soon be jamming together !!! Game On !!

If possible, can you all PM me so that we can progress with preparations / arrangements.

Cheers,

Hi,

Many thanks for replying back to my post and I'm now really excited & buzzing that we may soon be jamming together !!! Game On !!

If possible, can you all PM me so that we can progress with preparations / arrangements.

Cheers,

Hi Lindsay I will pm you but I think you need to make at least five posts before you can actually send them yourself.

Folks,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Many thanks for your PM’s but as I’m new to the forum and I haven’t made enough posts yet to enable me to reply to PM’s (??)

Anyhow, could you be so kind to PM me again with your contact details so that we can get this moving forward.

Cheers

---------- Post added 09-01-2018 at 20:39 ----------

Hello Crooks Wizard,

Can you please PM me with your contact details, as I’m unable to respond directly to your PM on this forum. Due to reasons stated above.

Cheers

Hi Lindsay

I’m writing some songs at the moment and getting jamming with a couple of guitarists friends of mine. We aren’t quite ready for a drummer just yet but may be in a few weeks. We are all around 50 and are looking to form a glam rock (British 70’s style, Slade, Sweet, Bowie, Mott the Hoople) influenced band with original material and a few covers maybe. It’s not too serious and we enjoy an element of humour that seems to help with the creative process. That said if if what we do is good maybe we will take it more seriously. Anyway, if you’ve other things on now then no worries, if not can I contact you again? PS, we won’t be dressing up pink spiky wigs or Lycra although I’d be keen to look “interesting” if we get to gigging. Cheers

Hello,

I'm a drummer, back doing what I enjoy for the last four years and I'm now looking to develop my enjoyment further by hooking up with like minded 'mature' musicians for a regular, fun based, free and easy jamming sessions - nothing too serious with a see how it goes approach.

As I'm heading fast into my 50's my musical influences are varied but heavy towards the 90's scene ie Oasis, Weller, Stone Roses, OCS but I'm more than willing to consider anything. I would really like to join the creative process of developing new and original material.

So if you're a 'mature' guitarist (rhythm / lead / bass), keyboards or a singer songwriter and willing to give it a go, please get in touch.

Just joined the forum and I'm keen to jam. I'm getting back in to playing guitar after a lay off but could capably knock out a few Oasis songs (lead or rhythm). Hit me up if you need six-strings! Cheers.

Keyboard player, may be interested if anything develops.

Edited by Orangecrab

Keyboard player, may be interested if anything develops.

What kind of music are you in to?