Who's right of way is it?

You can say what you like. But as a driver, if there are pedestrians on the pavement you must be aware and prepared for the pedestrian to suddenly step in to the road. If you remember your emergency stop during your driving test "As if a child had run in to the road". In the eyes of the law, the pedestrian is seldom in the wrong.

You can say what you like, but intentions or wishes don't alter physics.

If pedestrians run or step out unexpectedly then physics has the car run into them no matter what the driver or the pedestrian would wish and no matter who technically gets "priority" at that moment.

Pedestrians are the cause of 85% of pedestrian/car accidents.

If its meadowhead its right of way from the petrol station. The store exit has a give way and its into a box junction that most people cant see!

The impact was on the drivers side, front wing. Damage went back almost as far as the drivers side door. That kind of impact couldn't have taken place if I had driven into them.

I would say that if the damage is indeed down the side of your car then the other driver went into you. As for right of way, you will have been following the blue route, which means you must have been on the exit road before the other driver was, so you have the right of way (see crude highlighting here).

I wouldn't accept the 50/50 blame. You'll have to oppose it pretty pronto if you intend to.