Saving passwords

Recently, when I start computer and log on to web site, my password is not remembered.

If I click in the box, it has often remembered my email and password, but I didnt do it this way last year.

I also want to be able to see the password that I have written, if its always ********, I will never remember my password.

I think I am on windows 10, I got a PC with w7, but people didnt like it and they gave many a free upgrade.

I mostly use firefox. Maybe this is a browser issue?

---------- Post added 04-01-2018 at 21:04 ----------

I have just changed some settings, I unticked the 'clear history when firefox closes' - and it then remembered by hotmail and facebook passwords, but not Sheffield forum ;)

If you forget your password just reset it...then remember it :)

Or use a decent password manager that will allow you to generate and store passwords securely with you only needing to remember the master password.

The way some websites are built can stop some password managers from working correctly and they never ask you to remember them.

Passwords aren't history and as far as I remember FF has a built in password manager so it's that that will be remembering them.