Tenant Can’t Pay The Rent

Not all buy to let landlords have mortgages.....

Not all buy to let landlords have mortgages.....

No but a lot do and spend a lot on repairs

A bad tenant is a nightmare i look after good ones no messing the smoker cost me £2.000 paint all over frames you couldnt make it up

Edited by spider1

No but a lot do and spend a lot on repairs

A bad tenant is a nightmare i look after good ones no messing the smoker cost me £2.000 paint all over frames you couldnt make it up

Do you wake up with a smile every morning, just to get it over with?:(

Do you wake up with a smile every morning, just to get it over with?:(

My wife does she decides who to sack i follow orders :hihi

I have one tenant [single lad ] who doesnt like gardening so wont cut grass / cut hedges e t c

she has given him several verbal warnings and he tells me when she calls he gets hidden behind

sofa. So i do them for him save him grevious bodly harm but he is a friend so thats how it goes hard life / I am to soft she says rotweiler

Edited by spider1

My wife does she decides who to sack i follow orders :hihi

I have one tenant [single lad ] who doesnt like gardening so wont cut grass / cut hedges e t c

she has given him several verbal warnings and he tells me when she calls he gets hidden behind

sofa. So i do them for him save him grevious bodly harm but he is a friend so thats how it goes hard life / I am to soft she says rotweiler

Looking at the time of your post ,I see you got your smile allowance out of the way for today. LOL ( just kidding ya) :D You will have to excuse me but I have been watching too much WC Fields lately.

Would you be ok if your wages were one month late?

Except that it is not your wages. No one should rely on the renting out of a single property at 100% occupancy as a way to live their lives.

Let's not forget, renting property is about creating HOMES for people, if you want a regular income, put your money in the bank/shares.

People who rent are entitled to a home life as much as the next, yes they are before you mean people start cursing.

We need a society who cares about the plight of others, who don't get rich off the back of others.

Have you any idea how many homeless people there are?

Have you any idea how the majority of people are a couple of short steps to homelessness. It just takes someone to run off with your pension, falling ill, needing to care for someone who is ill, being made redundant, falling behind with the mortgage/rent.

Please can you just think for a second. It is always the case that you can sit down and find a solution calmly and considered.

This country is only half of the country that it once was :-(

I have Tenants who will be moving out of a property I let in January. They gave me the correct notice and everything and I accepted it and we talked about Check-Out etc. then I enquired about their plans and they were pleased to tell me they were buying their first place. I congratulated them with genuine pleasure... that's what I like to see. Although I let properties out and I'd be sad if I couldn't do that, I also think that - mostly - people renting is them throwing money down the drain.

I let good properties that are desirable and always let easily. I have been given the [small] headache of finding Tenants around New Year time. Sure, I could do without that, but - nevertheless - I'm still happy these Tenants are getting their own gaff.

I am not even going to take the opportunity to list it for more - the same will do. It's Christmas, after all...

If these Tenants can save up enough money to buy their own place, I think nearly everyone should be able to. People don't have the saving mindset, I think, and that is part of why this overall situation exists as it does. Everyone wants to blame someone else in this world. Yes, there are exploitative and slum Landlords out there... but, like with everything, most aren't - they're just offering a good product at a fair price - it's not getting rich off the back of others... it just gets emotive because it's the roof over your head, vs. the hiring of a car (could act as a roof over your head), or a tent (still a roof over your head?) or a hotel (still a roof over your head?).

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Interpersonal insults deleted

This happened to me and ended up costing me 2 and a half grand, once might be acceptable but after that it will just spiral away.

I agree you have to be strong with them and state that they are in breach of tenancy....otherwise they will take you for a joke...

My tenant has been in the property for three months and during this time the rent has always been on time. I have today received an email to say due to unforeseen circumstances they cannot pay the rent for December and can only pay a part payment.

They are asking if I am willing to take the rent from the deposit that is held in a government bond scheme. They would then like to pay extra over the remainder of the tenancy to make up the shortfall.

I know at the end of the agreement you can deduct any loss but I’m sure you can’t do it during.

I am trying to come to some compromise but at the same time I don’t want this to become a regular occurrence because at the end of the day I also have overheads and cannot be paying the rent for them.

I have requested that they approach family for help, if that fails then pay as much as they can by December and the remainder by January.

They were credit checked and I got references from former landlords, all came back ok.

Stuck as to what to do as I’ve been walked over before in this situation but been out of the game for a long time.

We have a property which we rent out and have never had a problem with tenants.That is largely because we use a reputable letting agent who vets prospective tenants,makes regular visits to check everything is in good order and generally does all the work.If something needs repairing/ replacing etc he lets us know,finds a tradesman to do the job and it gets done- happy tenant ,happy landlord! Yes,the agent takes a percentage every month so we don’t get as much as we would otherwise,but it is definitely worth it not to have the hassle.Don’t be greedy !

We have a property which we rent out and have never had a problem with tenants.That is largely because we use a reputable letting agent who vets prospective tenants,makes regular visits to check everything is in good order and generally does all the work.If something needs repairing/ replacing etc he lets us know,finds a tradesman to do the job and it gets done- happy tenant ,happy landlord! Yes,the agent takes a percentage every month so we don’t get as much as we would otherwise,but it is definitely worth it not to have the hassle.Don’t be greedy !

Does your letting agent pay the rent if his vetting procedure is found wanting?

Removed the bickering and since the topic was answered I am now closing this thread.