Which film had the worst special effects ever..

Which film had the worse special effects you've ever seen.

It's got to be an early Sci.Fi/ Horror film hasn't it. For me it was the rockets in Buster Crabbes Flash Gordon .

They were on a wire with Iron filling coming out of the back.....:rolleyes:

And I bet it's a Sci Fi/ Fantasy film that's got the best as well...

Star Wars ?

Edited by grinder

I wouldn't class Star Wars as the best effects. Maybe the original versions were stunning in their day, but the CGI sheen added to them, and the prequels, looks awful compared to 'traditional' effects.

I still think that the first Matrix film stands up well today, even against films like Inception which are staggeringly beautiful to watch.

Worst effects? I can forgive the Flash Gordon serials you mention, and similar things from that era - the technology available was limited. I more compare with product from the same era, and feel that films such as MegaShark Vs (insert name of made up creature here) are laughably bad, with no reason to look so poor given the availability of better effects teams today.

Any of the Godzilla films for me. They were truly awful imo

The Evil Dead, and it's plasticine special effects.

I miss the era of anamatronics.

I recently watched the two Thing films (the Carpenter one and the new prequal) pretty much back to back, and although I love them both, I think the effects on the John Carpanter hit me harder and shocked me more.

So, to keep this post on topic then... Worst speciel effects I've seen..?

Can't really say Bad Taste, as the poor SE added to the genius of the film.

I'd have to say Zaphoid from the original Hitchikers Guide. I know it's not technically a film but a series, but damnit I'm standing my ground. That daft looking second head makes me cringe and slightly embarrassed whenever I watch it in front of someone.

I miss the era of anamatronics.

I recently watched the two Thing films (the Carpenter one and the new prequal) pretty much back to back, and although I love them both, I think the effects on the John Carpanter hit me harder and shocked me more.

So, to keep this post on topic then... Worst speciel effects I've seen..?

Can't really say Bad Taste, as the poor SE added to the genius of the film.

I'd have to say Zaphoid from the original Hitchikers Guide. I know it's not technically a film but a series, but damnit I'm standing my ground. That daft looking second head makes me cringe and slightly embarrassed whenever I watch it in front of someone.

It's Zaphod.

Personally I'm not a second head fan at the best of times, even the guy in the turban with the face on the back of his head in the Harry Potter Film looked embarrassingly bad to me.

But I have to admit the two headed guy in the Hitchhiker's Guide looked much better in print...

Giant Octopus vs Mega Shark :)

Should have been a cartoon...:D

The worst effects in a cinema released film that I've seen in recent years was in Blood: The Last Vampire. Horrendously duff as was the acting and script.

Plan 9 From Outer Space. Director Edward D. Wood Jr at his very best/worst.