Sign in to follow this  

How will Wednesday respond to Relegation?

On the back of their best run of the season, 5 games undefeated, Wednesday have finally been relegated.

But how will the Owls respond to relegation?

Will they bounce straight back and gain promotion in their first season?

Will they potter around in mid table?

Or will they, dare I say it, go down again? (I think not)

Whatever happens, I will continue to follow the boys till the death.

Come on Wednesday, do us proud!

We will still go to burnley and the last game...we will come back up.

and its not our best run...we had a 6 game unbeaten run at one time.

Sorry, I must have got my facts wrong.

I apologise.

Unfortunately with the current side Sheffield Wednesday have got I don't see them coming straight back up but I can see them been a mid table side in Division 2. I think it will be many many years before they return to top flight. I hope I am wrong because I like to see all Sheffield Clubs do well.

Let's hope Turner get's a good squad of players together who will play for each other and be proud to be Wednesday players we can ask no more. Promotion is certainly not guaranteed, it would be great if the Owls bounced straight back up, but I remember when we were relegated to the old Third Division in 1975 and nearly dropped straight through to the Fourth in 1976 having to win our last match against Southend and sending them down instead !

Wednesday spent another four seasons in the 3rd division after that I don't think the club can afford a repeat of that !

Come on Wednesday !

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

Unfortunately with the current side Sheffield Wednesday have got I don't see them coming straight back up but I can see them been a mid table side in Division 2. I think it will be many many years before they return to top flight. I hope I am wrong because I like to see all Sheffield Clubs do well.

Are you kidding? With the current side that we have, we would romp the league. My only concern is that we won't be able to hold on to the players that we have now.

Originally posted by "Hixxy"

Are you kidding? With the current side that we have, we would romp the league. My only concern is that we won't be able to hold on to the players that we have now.

Picture this. A Cold December night, a muddly plough field for a pitch, a small empty ground. These are some of the conditions Wednesday will have to play in. Teams that kick the ball high and run at you. It's all about battling and Wednesday seem to be lacking in this department because when it came down to it this season other teams like Stoke produced the good when they really needed to. I really hope they can come straight back up but I think there are teams in Divison 2 who will be far more consistant than Wednesday, although - Turner does have experience in the lower leagues.

I'd like to congratulate the Wednesday boys for another fantastic result. 7-2 away to Burnley. Now that is our best run of the season, 6 games undefeated. I know people will say that its 'too little too late' but lets hope we can carry this kind of form over to next season.

Come on Wednesday, lets bounce straight back up.

I think Wednesday will be able to keep any present players that they want to. Turner will bring in new players to improve the squad [players suited to the style of division 2] on a sensible pay structure based on attendances and results.

Wednesday will be promoted as champions with the highest points total ever! This will happen I can feel it in my bones.

Originally posted by "brg"

I think Wednesday will be able to keep any present players that they want to. Turner will bring in new players to improve the squad [players suited to the style of division 2] on a sensible pay structure based on attendances and results.

Wednesday will be promoted as champions with the highest points total ever! This will happen I can feel it in my bones.

we can only live in hope :)

I think that all the players on high wages are being filtered out to make way for Turner to be able to bring in some fresh faces for the new season. This is obviously a step in the right direction for Wednesday, but I hope, nay prey, that we will be able to hold to young Quinny. He is the only man at the club with the flair and talent to turn a game on its head single handedly.

You aint seen nothing like the mighty quinn.

i'm an wednesday fan have been all my life but i'm sorry to all the ppl who think the owls will bounch st8 back into Div 1 to be honest i can't see this happening not for a few years maybe longer