Car Dealers in and around Sheffield

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with buying second hand cars in and around Sheffield. It's a lot of a minefield and I'm losing the will to search so thought I'd ask.

It is a minefield ! But if you want to change your car what else do you do ? I suppose it depends on your budget, you can't expect much for a few hundred pounds.

My wife and daughter have both had good experiences with Car People. Decent prices and not pushy

Had a bad experience with a Fiat dealer at Brinsworth. We paid a £200 refundable deposit to have a car shipped from one of their other dealerships. We'd specified exactly what model, colour, number of doors etc and when it turned up it didn't meet that spec. They did everything possible to not refund our money, excuse after excuse. Then offered us a decent discount on one in our second choice colour but when we went to view it was disgusting inside, filthy and smelly with fag burns in the seats, on the dash and yellow paint on the headlining. In the end I had to go in at a weekend and cause a scene to get our refund, despite being previously been told that they couldn't refund at a weekend cos no financial staff worked weekends.

I'd second the Car People, and had some good cars from Johnson Cars on Hollinsend Road.

It is a minefield ! But if you want to change your car what else do you do ? I suppose it depends on your budget, you can't expect much for a few hundred pounds.

I didn't mention a budget. Am quite sure what I want is there for the money I have it's just not hit me yet.

Thanks all.

I'd second the Car People, and had some good cars from Johnson Cars on Hollinsend Road.

I recommend the Car People too. Bought my last 2 cars there and also used them for MOT and Servicing.

Why buy from a car dealer at all?

If you buy privately you have a much wider selection to buy from, know more about the history of the car and pay about 30-40% less for the same car.

Pros and cons to each though right?

Part exchange options, offers end of month, warranty, free service / MOt thrown in etc

I always used to buy prvately, but nowadays can't be bothered with the hassle of it

Martin Lee on Pennistone Road I would highly recommend.

Martin Lee on Pennistone Road I would highly recommend.

I recommend Dailey's, Terreeeeeeee! :hihi:

i went to stoneacre at chesterfield theres nearly every car you could want on 1 road,very happy so far 2 months on.

I think 99% of car dealers are like our Politicians, very economical with the truth. I assume those in and around Sheffield are no different.

Angel1.