Bins they are a'changin

I cannot believe the Council are doing this. What the heck are they thinking? The only people to benefit from such a change is me and the wife. We dont drink that much and have no kids. Well possibly a few others like us. People with families wont have enough room.

I cannot see why we need to change. The only good thing is we get rid of the blue box. Hurraahhh

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/bins

I cannot believe the Council are doing this. What the heck are they thinking? The only people to benefit from such a change is me and the wife. We dont drink that much and have no kids. Well possibly a few others like us. People with families wont have enough room.

I cannot see why we need to change. The only good thing is we get rid of the blue box. Hurraahhh

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/bins

Can I have your blue box?

I know what's going in my black bin.

Oh well the blue box will come in handy for the car for storing things in. Still got the old blue box from years and years ago. So the brown bin and the blue bin are both once a month collection, how big are the brown bins going to be, same size as the blue ones or bigger? Surely they will be bigger if only once a month collection, maybe the council could even start recycling aerosol cans.

Edited by iansheff

I haven't got a blue bin, it was stolen as was the previous one. I am not paying for a replacement. So what do I do?

I don't ever remember being asked if I wanted to be unpaid labour for a private recycling company.

I don't ever remember being asked if I wanted to be unpaid labour for a private recycling company.

Try developing a social conscience. Lots of people find it very helpful.

Try developing a social conscience. Lots of people find it very helpful.

So you are happy to move the bin to the pavement even though bin men get paid hansomly to move the bin two yards from the pavement to a little machine.

I remember back in the day when bin men was real bin men and they carried the metal bin from your back yard to the van and back again. Now they get paid a lot more and do a lot less.

So you are happy to move the bin to the pavement even though bin men get paid hansomly to move the bin two yards from the pavement to a little machine.

I remember back in the day when bin men was real bin men and they carried the metal bin from your back yard to the van and back again. Now they get paid a lot more and do a lot less.

And they wear gloves :)

Because that would be really efficient wouldn't it.../s

I'm going to fit a letter box on mine for instant junk mail disposal. Hope the new brown bin doesn't blow over like the blue one did ,bit windy up stocksbridge.

Edited by choogling

We've had 4 bins for years here in Barnsley.

I have 3 adults and 1 child under 2.

The bins work. By the time brown and blue bins are full it's the night before collection. I could get more in the brown bin if I could be bothered flattening bottles and cans.

I remember back in the day when bin men was real bin men and they carried the metal bin from your back yard to the van and back again

I don't mind moving the bins to the front.

My gripe comes in when I get a snotty note attached to my bin because in a rush I'd left it 2 inch from the kerb and slightly skew-if. A note that rather abruptly states that leaving the bin "where it causes an obstruction" will lead to a penalty charge and my bin not collected.

This becomes especially angering when I go to retrieve my bin and it's:

and/or

a. 50 yards from where I left it

b. In a gaggle (what do you call multiple bins) completely obstructing the pavement

or, as often the case at my old address

c. in a gaggle placed directly in front of my garage door

:rant: