Pennine Championship at Dam Flask

How did you go on today Dars 35? I hope you remembered to take your worms that you nearly forgot to buy in the tackle shop yesterday.

Don't ask... I don't want to talk about it!

but I will

I'd been scouring the internet & local tackle shops for any info on the Pennine Champs for 2 or 3 months, and couldn't find a thing

I've even been up to the flask on a number of occasions, looking at the notice board next to the ticket machine in hope of getting the knowledge..

all to no avail

so, I had no idea when this match was, and having only just this year started reverting back to my old haunts (damflask is a very special venue to me, I started my fishing career on here as a young lad, but not fished it at all as an adult until earlier this year) this sunday was going to be another practise session...

It was only when I'd actually bought my bait that the bloke in the tackle shop asked where I was going. when I said the flask he asked if I was fishing the pennine!

he'd only found out as a couple of lads had been in earlier to buy their bait & mentioned it...

I was gutted... even if I could have booked on on the day, 1) I wasn't prepared and 2) I had something else planned for the afternoon (which I wouldn't have planned had I known)

so, well & truly gutted

first match I've wanted to fish in 4 years! and now I've got another year to wait

I didn't know the match was being held yesterday as i'd not seen it advertised anywhere. It was only when your lad asked if you were going up to practice long casting that I realised it was you ( you've mentioned this in previous threads). You've now got plenty of time to practice and prepare for next year's match providing you can find out when it is!

yes, I do tend to repeat myself...

you should have said hello, always a pleasure faces to names & all that...

yes, plenty of practice sessions, I should be chucking 150m by then!!!!

but the biggest dilemma is how to make sure I don't miss it again

they must have heard I was wanting to fish it, and took all the posters down in the local tackle shops...

I've got em running scared!!

yes, I do tend to repeat myself...

you should have said hello, always a pleasure faces to names & all that...

yes, plenty of practice sessions, I should be chucking 150m by then!!!!

but the biggest dilemma is how to make sure I don't miss it again

they must have heard I was wanting to fish it, and took all the posters down in the local tackle shops...

I've got em running scared!!

just keep popping in Dawsons tackle shop in hillsborough, mick helps run it.

Yeah, that crossed my mind on Sunday night... great think retrospect!

In previous years I've seen notices in other tackle shops (Bag Up / Kerfoot / Tardis etc), but I've not seen any at all this year, and nothing at all on the internet...! I'm amazed word gets round as well as it does to be honest

next year I'll give him a call

I used to go in Dawsons all the time when I lived at Stannington, when it was W.G. Dawson, owned by Mick's granddad, but run mainly by his mum & dad... bought my very first Abu 501 from there... prized possession at the time

but since moving up to Chapeltown (hence the s35 segment of my user name!) I've not really been in, too much of a pain getting down there on a Saturday morning compared to those I've just mentioned

Flask result.

1st 23lb 8oz

2nd 23lb 5oz

3rd 22lb 8oz.

Flask result.

1st 23lb 8oz

2nd 23lb 5oz

3rd 22lb 8oz.

Not brilliant weights for the flask but a close result in any case.

Yeah, that crossed my mind on Sunday night... great think retrospect!

In previous years I've seen notices in other tackle shops (Bag Up / Kerfoot / Tardis etc), but I've not seen any at all this year, and nothing at all on the internet...! I'm amazed word gets round as well as it does to be honest

next year I'll give him a call

I used to go in Dawsons all the time when I lived at Stannington, when it was W.G. Dawson, owned by Mick's granddad, but run mainly by his mum & dad... bought my very first Abu 501 from there... prized possession at the time

but since moving up to Chapeltown (hence the s35 segment of my user name!) I've not really been in, too much of a pain getting down there on a Saturday morning compared to those I've just mentioned

You won't see it in tardis anymore they have shut and only have the shop at Birdwell.

that's the one I go to, just up the road for me

If anyone is interested its the Pennine Champs @ Damflask this sunday 12th Aug....see Mick Dawson @ Dawsons tackle holme lane s6... 01142812178