Seasonal Salutations, Gratitude, Yoga Events for 2015 and more

Hello there friends,

♥ ♥ ♥ Wishing you and your family a wonderful, safe, loving and nourishing festive season ♥ ♥ ♥

Season greetings from Ben and myself. We would like to wish you, your family and friends a wonderful winter solstice, yule, festive season and new year. May you have prosperity, good fortune, health, buckets of love and great food.

Gratitude…

Ben and I would like to thank you once again for all the wonderful support, friendship, advice and guidance you have shared with us during 2014. We have had another fantastic year filled with a range of yoga events and classes, that you have all supported in your own way. You continue to inspire our creativity and we always marvel at your commitment to follow the yogic path. It has been a great honour to share yoga with you and to watch your practice flourish. We look forward to sharing another magnificent year with year. Here is to 2015…

2015 Workshops/Events/Retreats and Festive Yoga Gift Vouchers…

We have already planned 2015!! Yes, you heard correctly we have it all planned and we have some wonderful treats in stall. I know we are all thinking about the festive season but if you are wondering what to get a loved one or if a loved one has no idea what to get you then all of the events listed below can be given as a festive yoga gift voucher. Classes and 121s can also be purchased as festive gift vouchers too.

So here are some of the inspired events we have planned for the early part of the year…

Yoga, Shakti Dance, Poetry and Kirtan, with Haripyari, Joanna Bertzeletos and DJ Darshana, Saturday 28 February, Sharrow Performing Arts Space, Yoga and Dance from 10am to 4pm, Kirtan 6.00 to 8.30pm.

£40 waged and £35 concession for the Yoga and Shakti Dance (does not include Kirtan); £45 waged and £40 concession for the Yoga, Shakti Dance and Kirtan; £10 waged and £5 concession for the Kirtan and kids under 10 are free

A creative day of Dru Yoga Dance, Shakti Dance, poetry and Kirtan. This workshop has been designed to lift our creative energy and prana (life force) through the use of specific yoga movements, mudras, yoga nidra, meditation, sound, sacred mantra, conscious music and spoken word. To see a full description of the workshop and itinerary please click here http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk/workshops-walks/4585291072.

Ganapati Groove, Universal Peace Party, with Anne Malone, At-Ma, Joanna Bertzeletos and DJ Darshana, Saturday 28 March, The Old Sharrow Junior School, 4-11pm, £13 advanced, £16 on the door, £7 for those aged 10-16 and kids under 10 are free, £6 for a soulfood box

We are delighted to invite you to the second Ganapati Groove bhakti yoga party with live music, yoga, dancing, veg, vegan & raw food, cakes and juices. Embark upon a journey to your inner self through an exploration of the healing vibrations of mantra, yoga and dance meditation, with no alcohol or drugs involved!

Anne Malone has written and produced a variety of cds, featuring in iTunes top 10 and NME Awards, and has been commissioned by BBC, Theatre Lab and alivEmotion to name just a few.

World music fusion trio At-Ma is a dynamic collaboration between vocalist/composer Russell Stone, multi-instrumentalist composer and producer Craig Pruess and dynamic tabla player Tom Simenauer.

Each of these musicians are multi-talented and have achieved far too much to list here to find out more please click here http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk/ganapati-groove/4587039320 or join our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/705289959564411/?fref=ts.

Alleviating Stress with Yoga and Herbs, with Joanna Bertzeletos and Sarah Golding, Sunday 26 April, Sharrow Performing Arts Space, 10.45am to 2.30pm, £25 waged and £20 concession

In this workshop we will explore how stress affects our physiology and how it manifests in our body, mind and kosha complex. We will also explore various yoga practices and herbal remedies as a way of managing stress and stress related illnesses. We will look at herbal adaptogens that help the body adapt to high levels of stress and the resulting imbalance and depletion. We will also explore herbal nervines which help to calm the nerves as well as improving sleep patterns.

For a full programme please click here http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk/workshops-walks/4585291072

Yoga Nature Heart Retreat, with Joanna Bertzeletos and Lucy Crisfield, Friday 29 -31 May, Unstone Grange, Arrive 3pm on Friday and Depart at 3pm on Sunday, Prices (Shared Accommodation) £275 Early Bird (Offer ends 27 March 2015), £300 Full Price, a non-refundable deposit of £150 will secure your space. The event is fully catered by Percy and Lily’s outstanding home cooked veggie/vegan food.

Come and enjoy a weekend of heart centred yoga and nature. During the weekend we will explore the energy of the heart and how to live from this space from moment to moment. Loving and being loved is one of our innermost core needs. By developing a deep love, understanding and appreciation of ourselves we can connect with a wider sphere of existence and start to not only heal ourselves but the wider world as well. During the weekend we will have the space to explore a great variety of yoga practices to help us on this journey, including asana (yoga postures), flowing sequences, meditative walks, mantra repetition, mudras (gestures), nidra (deep relaxation), mouna (silence), fire ceremony and karma yoga.

We also have the great honour to be joined by Lucy Crisfield. Lucy teaches vedic chant, yoga philosophy and the Sanskrt language. Her teachings bring the depths of these traditions alive in a direct, focused, joyful and simple manner. At the retreat she will be leading an afternoon workshop introducing Sanskrt along with an overview of Indian philosophical tradition and the place of yoga within that. There will then be an evening workshop on vedic chant. http://www.lucycrisfield.com

Full programme will be announced closer to the time but if you want to find out more and stay connected click here http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk/yoga-retreats/4585498511.

How to book?

To book on any of the above just get in touch with either me or Ben and we will send you the booking forms and payment methods.

How do I purchase a festive yoga gift voucher for the events, classes or 121s?

Just in get in touch with me and I will send you the booking forms and payment methods.

BBC Radio Sheffield

On a completely separate note. A couple of weeks ago out of the blue BBC Radio Sheffield got in touch with me and has asked me to come on the programme called “My Life So Far” with Rony. So I will be live on Tuesday 9 December between 12:10 and 12:30. I hope you enjoy listening to the interview.

Thanks as always for taking the time to read this post and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

With metta, (with loving kindness),

Jo & Ben x

http://www.yoganaturesheffield.org.uk

07816 540 261

[email protected]