King edwards VII school.

Does anyone out there have any school/class photos from King Teds,1974 to 1979. I can remember having the odd photo taken at school but cant remember my mum every buying any.:wave:

thanks for the link. have been on this before but can't find photos for the years I was there:suspect:

Dear me - there I am 1954 input, class 1(2), front row, third from the left, complete with quiff.

... and there am I - 1959 input, class 4GL, front row, fourth from right - complete with hair..:(

... and there am I - 1959 input, class 4GL, front row, fourth from right - complete with hair..:(

I remember the form master. We used to call him Lucy Lockett. Can't remember why. You and I were at the school at the same time, but presumably only the one term as I left in December 1959.

Hi mikeG - Brian "Lucy" Lockett is still going strong at 80 and lives at Sandygate. You'll remember some more members of staff that I knew such as Edgar L. (Elvis) Vernon, 1903-1992, Harry "Trotsky" Redston, 1892-1982, Hector "Twiff" Twyford, 1900-1975 and of course "Fat Nat" - Nathaniel Langford Clapton, 1903-1967. I hated the place when I was there, but I'm glad I went...:?

I noticed on the old edwardians site that Arthur "Flink" Jackson died in December aged 95. He used to terrify me!

Hi mikeG - Brian "Lucy" Lockett is still going strong at 80 and lives at Sandygate. You'll remember some more members of staff that I knew such as Edgar L. (Elvis) Vernon, 1903-1992, Harry "Trotsky" Redston, 1892-1982, Hector "Twiff" Twyford, 1900-1975 and of course "Fat Nat" - Nathaniel Langford Clapton, 1903-1967. I hated the place when I was there, but I'm glad I went...:?

I didn't like it much either but it got me 10 'O' levels then I was off. My form master 1955/6 was Billy Effron who was pretty ancient and lived out at Moscar. Used to get the number 44 bus home. Other form masters were 'Tug' Wilson, 'Tom' Taylor, 'Fred' Hetherington' and George Lair. We used to take the micky out of Shorty Burns but he got tough and started using the cane - so we stopped. I, too noticed the Jackson had died aged 95. Billy Effon was a clever bloke. He taught us Geography but was qualified to teach French and maybe Spanish as well.

I didn't like it much either but it got me 10 'O' levels then I was off. .
Me too - but I also scraped a grade 'E' in A-level Physics. We 1959ers missed out on some real characters - I've heard a lot about Billy Effron (who spent 40 years at KES) and Tug Wilson. Shorty Burns was OK except when he resorted to the cane. An ex-trainspotter, he gave me his 1940s Ian Allan books which I still have. Other favourites of mine were Bert Towers and Olaf Johnston. But they were an odd bunch, those KES masters. Red Fred was hopeless, "Blackjack" Wightman was a sadistic bully and Charlie Baker ended up in prison...
... My form master 1955/6 was Billy Effron who was pretty ancient...
Yes - a native of Bradford, George Henry Effron died aged 80 in 1971.

Edgar L. (Elvis) Vernon:?

2 of the 3 King Ted's teachers that gave me the cane. ( The other was Russ Sharrock)

Me too - but I also scraped a grade 'E' in A-level Physics. We 1959ers missed out on some real characters - I've heard a lot about Billy Effron (who spent 40 years at KES) and Tug Wilson. Shorty Burns was OK except when he resorted to the cane. An ex-trainspotter, he gave me his 1940s Ian Allan books which I still have. Other favourites of mine were Bert Towers and Olaf Johnston. But they were an odd bunch, those KES masters. Red Fred was hopeless, "Blackjack" Wightman was a sadistic bully and Charlie Baker ended up in prison...Yes - a native of Bradford, George Henry Effron died aged 80 in 1971.

We named Red Fred after red lead or triplumbic tetroxide (Pb304). Latin teacher, think Watling - called him Marcus Gaslampus as he was tall. Spanish/French master, lived opposite us on Slayleigh Avenue - called him Spiv - can't remember his name.