The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

A vote of no confidence is coming and the only way she can dodge this cannonball is for a People's Vote because the only alternative is a GE.

Dont be daft. The possibility of a Peoples Vote is just that, a possibility, but highly improbable as parliament will not allow the public to dictate to them what to do. A GE solves nothing either as the time will shortly be up.

Dont be daft. The possibility of a Peoples Vote is just that, a possibility, but highly improbable as parliament will not allow the public to dictate to them what to do. A GE solves nothing either as the time will shortly be up.

I thought they were going through with brexit 'cos "the public" dictated it?

They did?.. I missed that bit! :hihi:

I'll just leave this here...

...HaHaHaHaHaHaHa! :hihi:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/mueller-reportedly-asking-about-farage-s-role-in-trump-campaign-20181114-p50fw4.html

---------- Post added 14-11-2018 at 06:42 ----------

Not anymore they aren't ;)

Mrs May has another testing day as she must now argue that a bad Brexit deal is better than a no deal Brexit.

The ramifications for Northern Ireland,Scotland and the U.K.have been postponed .

So we have a lower case u turn,when What is needed is a U turn which recognises that our current full membership of the EU is better than any form of zBrexit.

Political short term expediency will ensure that this chaotic and shambolic farce will rumble on and on.

Even if they did, from what I have read we ran out of time to organise such a referendum long ago because Article 50 is already triggered. Which leaves the only options as this deal or no deal (unless the EU allows us to extend the Article 50 period).

Even if they did, from what I have read we ran out of time to organise such a referendum long ago because Article 50 is already triggered. Which leaves the only options as this deal or no deal (unless the EU allows us to extend the Article 50 period).

The EU have repeatedly said that they'd be okay with that haven't they?

Where do you get your ideas from? There is an ECJ case to heard whether the U.K. can unilaterally cancel Article 50. If it rules we can, there is still plenty of time for another referendum.

The legal framework around Article 50 in the Lisbon Treaty was written in a way as to be deliberately vague. If the U.K. wants to cancel Article 50 want to guess which way the ECJ will lean?

Where do you get your ideas from? There is an ECJ case to heard whether the U.K. can unilaterally cancel Article 50. If it rules we can, there is still plenty of time for another referendum.

The legal framework around Article 50 in the Lisbon Treaty was written in a way as to be deliberately vague. If the U.K. wants to cancel Article 50 want to guess which way the ECJ will lean?

This is true. The EU and ECJ will interpret the rules to suit the outcome they want.

I am aware of that case, but I very much doubt many MPs would vote to revoke it even if they could. So I would regard it as not a real option.

The EU extending the article 50 period seems more likely, assuming they could get all the relevant euro people and groups to sign off on it.

I am aware of that case, but I very much doubt many MPs would vote to revoke it even if they could. So I would regard it as not a real option.

The EU extending the article 50 period seems more likely, assuming they could get all the relevant euro people and groups to sign off on it.

I'm sure that the EU would agree to the extension in order to allow another referendum which then might result in the entire thing being canned as a really, really stupid idea.