Four dead in Darnall crash 09/11/2018

Whilst on the run from police and SYP making an online request for information, the Bower brothers posted a photo mocking the police- smiling with their middle fingers up and a 'F' Da Police banner across the photo.

Cheeky indeed, but about 350 morons had reacted favourably and 50 odd comments of- 'Big Up' / Respec' etc and other plastic gangsta drivel...

I wish I could find the link to the photo/posts.

I hope they all feel a bit daft now but I doubt it, and there are some on there that would have known their whereabouts- they should have the weight of these deaths on their conscience for the rest of their lives because their action would 100% have prevented them.

Im sure the kitchen in the background of the photo belongs to one of those morons and they can expect harbouring a criminal charges to come their way.

Edited by lil-minx92

Maybe this is why

C+P

Search for questions, people, and topics

Ask New QuestionSign In

Quora uses cookies to improve your experience. Read more

Crime Statistics

Saudi Arabia

The Middle East

Crime

Why is Saudi Arabia’s crime rate so low?

Mohammed Yousuf, PRO & Business Setup Consultant, U.A.E (Since 35 years)

Answered Oct 20, 2017 · Author has 2.9k answers and 1.8m answer views

Due to implementation of Islamic Sharia laws in Saudi Arabia the crime rate is very low and people are living in peace and harmony. There are expats living in Saudi Arabia from more than a hundred different nationalities. Just imagine if there is no strict laws then what would have happen to the people. Rapists and murderers are beheaded in public so that the public can see the execution themselves and see the result. A thief gets his palm amputated and if he repeats the theft he other palm also gets the same fate. The laws applies to all irrespective of their nationality, color or religion. Even the Saudi nationals are also not spared. Law is for every one.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Saudi-Arabia’s-crime-rate-so-low

The reason Saudi has a relatively low crime rate is nothing to do with sharia law; it is the same reason most middle and far east countries have a low crime rate - the kids are bought up much better, they have more respect for family and society, are more deferential and actually fear their parents and other authority figures.

Compare that to the UK where parents have essentially given up the task of parenting, and passed it instead to schools.

The reason Saudi has a relatively low crime rate is nothing to do with sharia law; it is the same reason most middle and far east countries have a low crime rate - the kids are bought up much better, they have more respect for family and society, are more deferential and actually fear their parents and other authority figures.

Compare that to the UK where parents have essentially given up the task of parenting, and passed it instead to schools.

Well brought up kids, low crime rate - Saudi sounds like a paradise on earth!

It's clearly not, but the point remains valid. Eastern cultures are dominated by cultural traditions like deference and respect for elders. It doesnt matter whether they are muslim, buddhist, sikh or whatever.

of course there are exceptions and of course there is crime, but you would never see the sort of crap that happens in West Street or any other party street in the UK most weekends happen there, or in Thailand, or Philippines, or Japan, or Pakistan. UK parents have lost control of their kids; we have spent the last 25 years telling them they are special (when most aren't), and have created an entire generation who think they are entitled to behave any way they like.

Some slight chance of being abducted and murdered by secret police if you criticise the regime in any way... Basic civil liberties don't really exist, particularly for women.

But otherwise, yeah, it's great!

Whilst on the run from police and SYP making an online request for information, the Bower brothers posted a photo mocking the police- smiling with their middle fingers up and a 'F' Da Police banner across the photo.

I wish I could find the link to the photo/posts.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-brothers-wanted-for-attempted-murder-and-serious-assault-taunt-police-on-facebook-1-9416296

UPDATE - Two men will appear in court today charged in connection to a collision in Darnall, in which four people were killed.

Elliott Bower, 18, of Harborough Avenue, the driver of the vehicle involved in the collision, has been charged with four counts of causing death by dangerous driving and three counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving. He is also charged with handling stolen goods and possession of cannabis.

Declan Bower, 23, of Harborough Avenue, has been charged with aggravated vehicle taking and death caused by an accident with aggravated factors. He is also charged with handing stolen goods, two counts of driving while disqualified, two counts of driving without insurance, possession of a bladed article and possession of cannabis.

seems like my previous comments on these 2 wastes of lifes has been deleted, its a shame its the innocents that usually die or are hurt, hopefully these two get put away for a long time or at least long enough to feel some real justice in the prison system:rant:

Posts have been removed for broken/incorrect post tags. It is important to use quote tags correctly to attribute the right quote to the forum user. In future, use the preview post before replying to make sure that quote are correct.

seems like my previous comments on these 2 wastes of lifes has been deleted, its a shame its the innocents that usually die or are hurt, hopefully these two get put away for a long time or at least long enough to feel some real justice in the prison system:rant:
.........unfortunately they will be back on the streets again after a few years with more street cred,having learned nothing about good behaviour, but plenty more about bad behaviour whilst on holiday at our expense!

Posts have been removed for broken/incorrect post tags. It is important to use quote tags correctly to attribute the right quote to the forum user. In future, use the preview post before replying to make sure that quote are correct.

Hi, I notice there are still broken/incorrect tags, but only my posts were removed...

My comments were following on from Kidley's post where he/she wondered about why Saudi Arabia has a low crime rate.

I asked whether he/she thought it was due to the implementation of Sharia Law, and provided a point that other countries with Sharia Law have high crime rates. Bendxxx (can't remember spelling) also raised the point that it is due to family upbringing (although the role of the family in Asian countries is also dominant, yet they have relatively high rates of incarceration). I also suggested and provided links to sources that speak about the Saudi approach with terrorism and also spoke about higher crime rates in Saudi Arabia which has been attributed to socio-economic causes.

Hope this clarifies.

Or if you get it wrong, use the edit function to fix it!

Or if you get it wrong, use the edit function to fix it!

I can't! All of mine are gone. The ones that remain have the wrong quotes attributed to me, but posted by others.