The Royal Family Discussion Thread

I think Charles has been an excellent Prince of Wales. He wanted to make a difference and I think he has. His Prince's trust has done a lot of good work for the less advantaged and his other charity involvement has also shown him in a strong light. I like the fact that he has spoken out on topics close to his heart (though he won't be able to do that when monarch,) in fact he has managed to carve out a very positive role for himself through some very difficult times.

I neither liked nor disliked Diana, but her influence /legacy can be seen in her children, and the fact that they have been allowed to follow their hearts and marry where they will. Charles is obviously so much happier with Camilla, and I think he at least deserves that after what has been a fairly bleak existance in the relationship department. He will need her support to fulfill his role as King. If we have to have a monarch at all I don't think we could ask for a better one than Charles, I think he will make an excellent KIng.

Gosh, Diana was a slone ranger, put up to the court for Charles. I have no sympathy for either. However he is a cheat as a cheat he is flawed. Not worthy to be KIng. I dont know where you are coming from Anna

Last night I watched the programme Prince, Son and Heir, Charles at 70.

It showed you an old film made in 1970 of Prince Charles talking about plastic containers, the damage they will do to the planet and sea, at some stage he goes on to say we will have to deal with the mountains of this indestructible waste.

At the time people called him eccentric when he made these speeches. How wrong these people were. Now we know he was a forward thinking man.

I agree with what janie48 says, he is a genuinely caring person and dedicated to his charities who will make a very good King.

Edited by hauxwell

Gosh, Diana was a slone ranger, put up to the court for Charles. I have no sympathy for either. However he is a cheat as a cheat he is flawed. Not worthy to be KIng. I dont know where you are coming from Anna

Mmm, but then historically nearly all kings have had missstresses, (and indeed often had children by them.) It has been condoned by their wives, and not been seen as an impediment to them inheriting the crown.

Wasn't she a cheat too?

Can you name someone in power who hasn't been a cheat?

Really? Not everyone is that gullable.

Demanding the royal heads on a plate after her drunk-drivera car accident?

Demanding that the queen show her public side during a period of grief?

Thousands on the streets wailing and balling over the death of someone they knew nothing about and wouldn't have looked at them twice if a camera wasnt there.

The nation's hysteria over her death was quite frankly embarrassing.

Sloaney Tart who bagged a Prince and who clearly had significant problems with her own emotions, attitude, and acceptance of what she was married into. She was not innocnet with the wandering eyes either and caused great embarrassment to the family because of her behaviour.

Yeah, she did a lot for charity - but so do lots of other Royals

Yeah, she was deemed more of a people person - but protocol had to be adhered to for others and its not so easy.

Yeah, she was a good mother - but so are millions of other mothers.

Yeah, Charles and Di were not a marraige made in heven - but neither are many others. Its human nature.

She was a fantastic minipulator of the press and knew exactly when to turn on the tears to get her way.

She gone and its over. Kate and Meghan are the new people's princesses.

It was not all about her.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 19:47 ----------

Last night I watched the programme Prince, Son and Heir, Charles at 70.

It showed you an old film made in 1970 of Prince Charles talking about plastic containers, the damage they will do to the planet and sea, at some stage he goes on to say we will have to deal with the mountains of this indestructible waste.

At the time people called him eccentric when he made these speeches. How wrong these people were. Now we know he was a forward thinking man.

I agree with what janie48 says, he is a genuinely caring person and dedicated to his charities who will make a very good King.

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 19:47 ----------

specsavers?

How do you think Diana would look like at 71 :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 10-11-2018 at 19:48 ----------

I think Charles has been an excellent Prince of Wales. He wanted to make a difference and I think he has. His Prince's trust has done a lot of good work for the less advantaged and his other charity involvement has also shown him in a strong light. I like the fact that he has spoken out on topics close to his heart (though he won't be able to do that when monarch,) in fact he has managed to carve out a very positive role for himself through some very difficult times.

I neither liked nor disliked Diana, but her influence /legacy can be seen in her children, and the fact that they have been allowed to follow their hearts and marry where they will. Charles is obviously so much happier with Camilla, and I think he at least deserves that after what has been a fairly bleak existance in the relationship department. He will need her support to fulfill his role as King. If we have to have a monarch at all I don't think we could ask for a better one than Charles, I think he will make an excellent KIng.

Diana was used to sire two kids. That silly old Goat Camilla was too old at the time. :gag:

Really? Not everyone is that gullable.

Demanding the royal heads on a plate after her drunk-drivera car accident?

Demanding that the queen show her public side during a period of grief?

Thousands on the streets wailing and balling over the death of someone they knew nothing about and wouldn't have looked at them twice if a camera wasnt there.

The nation's hysteria over her death was quite frankly embarrassing.

Sloaney Tart who bagged a Prince and who clearly had significant problems with her own emotions, attitude, and acceptance of what she was married into. She was not innocnet with the wandering eyes either and caused great embarrassment to the family because of her behaviour.

Yeah, she did a lot for charity - but so do lots of other Royals

Yeah, she was deemed more of a people person - but protocol had to be adhered to for others and its not so easy.

Yeah, she was a good mother - but so are millions of other mothers.

Yeah, Charles and Di were not a marraige made in heven - but neither are many others. Its human nature.

She was a fantastic minipulator of the press and knew exactly when to turn on the tears to get her way.

She gone and its over. Kate and Meghan are the new people's princesses.

It was not all about her.

I have to disagree with a bit of your post. Sloany Tart, Tart meaning a woman of questionable reputation but appears to be outwardly decent and good. I was of the belief that Diana was "selected" for Charlie boy as she was pure and untouched. I also believe that if that Camilla woman had not been Charlies concubine for God knows how many years, then Diana would not have had to look elsewhere for Love.

And I am no Royalist believe me.

Angel1.

.......I think Harry is closer to his father than William?

Has William ever met Harry's father? :confused:

Has William ever met Harry's father? :confused:

Ha ha ha.

More to the point, Harry has never met Meghan's father, which I think is a major oversight, rather cruel, and will come back to bite them both.

The man has made mistakes, but still deserves better.

Some of us didn't care for Diana and thought she was embarassing and a disgrace as a wife,mother and Princess.

you mean more that philip is ?

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 01:46 ----------

Mmm, but then historically nearly all kings have had missstresses, (and indeed often had children by them.) It has been condoned by their wives, and not been seen as an impediment to them inheriting the crown.

i guess that make it right then,you condone it?

How far off the mark and ignorant could you be to describe Diana as "A disgrace as a wife and mother." What basis is there for saying that ?