Running by river in Dronfield

Just wondering if anyone local to Dronfield could tell me if there is an accessible path suitable for running next to the river, and where is the bast place to access it?

Also, would the route be generally safe for a lone runner during daylight - are there usually other runners/walkers around?

Many thanks!

You can for a little bit near the nature reserve but there isn't an established path that follows by its side as far as I'm aware. If you find one please let me know.

Yeah, that Unstone Line bit through the woods off Callywhite lane is a nice spot and it is parallel to the river for a short time.

Yeah, that Unstone Line bit through the woods off Callywhite lane is a nice spot and it is parallel to the river for a short time.

That sounds ideal. Any hints on how to access it i.e. where on Callywhite Lane? Thanks in advance!

That sounds ideal. Any hints on how to access it i.e. where on Callywhite Lane? Thanks in advance!

Yeah. You just run all the way to the end, past the factories and the nursery. When you get to the end, there`s a turning circle and there`s a path there.Follow the path for a few minutes and then go left along the track and over a stile and then onto the Unstone line. There are other paths you can link to and you can go through Cliffe Park.

Yeah. You just run all the way to the end, past the factories and the nursery. When you get to the end, there`s a turning circle and there`s a path there.Follow the path for a few minutes and then go left along the track and over a stile and then onto the Unstone line. There are other paths you can link to and you can go through Cliffe Park.

Brilliant - thanks again.

After the Unstone Village Hall  a track will take you down a private drive, through woods, then underneath the railway viaduct. Then, you will be by the river again...carry on, cross Whittington Lane, through the playground, then you come to the main road. Turn sharp right, alongside the road, and head towards the entrance to the Peak Resort, at the southern end of Unstone. Then  you are on a superb track that will take you to the new roundabout at Sheepbridge. I dont think the river is followable from here.

Edited by smithy266

Is this suitable for cyclists? I drive past the nursery/factories regularly and see a lot of mountain bikers...just wondered if they are coming from that direction