Best Chinese Takeaways thread.

I stopped using this take away a few months ago,It changed hands and the food was not as nice as was.in fact it was crap,so they lost my custom and I am not willing to try them again to spend 20 quid to sling it in the bin.the delivery lad was very pleasant though.China Cuisine on Middlewood Rd get my custom now.

Which one is 'this'?

Hui Wei do takeaway and delivery. We've yet to be disappointed. It is a real shame that Hei Moon on Middlewood Road closed, the food they produced was pretty much brilliant and a lot nearer to home!

For an authentic experience in a restaurant I recommend Red Dragon just off the Moor. They've taken the authenticity crown from Wong Ting (across the road) and deliver top food for a very fair price.

Canton King has always been and always will be the number one chinese takeaway in S6 and BEYOND

Canton King has always been and always will be the number one chinese takeaway in S6 and BEYOND

This is the filthiest take away going and their food is vile.

I'm surprised it hasn't been closed down.

Ferretman is replying to my post about Chinese 2 Night on Wisewood Road - post moved, so title lost in transit. - He's absolutely right in his observation, thats why we stopped using it too. So pleased we had a flip and tried it once more, as its back to original standard and better. - Hope they keep it up as its so handy for us.

Ferretman is replying to my post about Chinese 2 Night on Wisewood Road - post moved, so title lost in transit. - He's absolutely right in his observation, thats why we stopped using it too. So pleased we had a flip and tried it once more, as its back to original standard and better. - Hope they keep it up as its so handy for us.

Our experience over last ~3 months

1st time: Was really impressed, best we've had from a local takeaway in quite some time.

2nd time: Really poor, with quality of the meat and flavour well below what it was before.

3rd time: Gave it another go after 1st experience and it was good again! Previous visit must have been an off night...

4th time: Ugh, poor again.

So a little torn right now! Seems next time wil be good based on the pattern, but not sure we want to try again...

mr vimto I agree with you wholeheartily canton king the best Chinese around Edward Vimto;11939167]Canton King has always been and always will be the number one chinese takeaway in S6 and BEYOND

Can anyone recommend a good chinese takeaway doing deliveries at the moment around Greystones?

Our favourite, Wok This Way at Ranmoor are closed and fancying some chinese food for dinner this evening. 

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Can anyone recommend a good chinese takeaway doing deliveries at the moment around Greystones?

Our favourite, Wok This Way at Ranmoor are closed and fancying some chinese food for dinner this evening. 

Noodle inn on London road is showing as open. 

only started using it a few months back but consistently really nice. Delivers to us at S6 so greystnes should be fine.

Have you tried Lotus House at Parkhead?  Not saying it’s good. Just wonder if you’ve tried it?

Both takeaways at Parkhead are now closed.

Gonna try Makapaka's suggestion next weekend... fingers crossed.