Stairlift prices.

has anyone recently had a stairlift installed? I need to get one for my parents, just a simple straight one, no corners. It would be good if I could get a rough ballpark figure as to cost, I know that they are all one offs and prices are are not fixed.

could anyone help with an approximation as to what the cost could be? it would be very helpful. thanks.

Was quoted about 6 months ago for a straight up 13 steps £3,100.

Are second hand ones available, or do they each have to be custom made, even straight ones?

I have seen them advertised put out a request in wanted section of ads but I don't know who you will get to fit it?

I have seen them advertised put out a request in wanted section of ads but I don't know who you will get to fit it?

I got a secondhand one and fitted it myself. Just needed screwing down onto 3 steps and then plugged in to a 3pin socket.

We got one from Stay-put installed for free. They also help with assisting you with local grants etched do improvements to your home, my mum also got a shower room put in, they do rentals and private homes.

https://www.housingcare.org/downloads/services/generated-brochures/333-sheffield-stay-put-generic.pdf

May be worth contacting them, they are very very good.

Not sure if you managed to get sorted for a stairlift, your looking at around £1200 for a reconditioned one fitted with a years warranty or £1900 new with warranty and a free yearly service.

I got a reconditioned one supplied and fitted for £900. After it had served its purpose, the same firm dismantled it, took it away, and gave me fifty quid. No doubt, I could have got more for it but I wanted it removed as soon as possible.