Take a walk on the wild side

I've not gone today, as I've got a bit of a repair job to do at home, but I'm pig-sick at not being stood up to my knees it cold, fast water...

I'll admit it's not for the feint hearted, and last Sunday fishing a nice slow paced, deep stretch full of coarse fish was great for a change, but I think [along with tench fishing] trotting a shallow fast clear river for grayling is my ultimate favourite

and with this wind we've got today, it would be absolutely perfect... not easy, but that point where the leaves start to drop onto the water (before it becomes unfishable) is a true delight

Had to go into town today[sheffield] Looking at the river below Ladysbridge I saw 2 kingfishers and a heron the king fishers I'v seen before but this is the first heron i'v seen not bad for the city centre anybody else seen it

Had to go into town today[sheffield] Looking at the river below Ladysbridge I saw 2 kingfishers and a heron the king fishers I'v seen before but this is the first heron i'v seen not bad for the city centre anybody else seen it

I see a Heron quite often on the Furnival Road stretch. Also seen Kingfishers on there.

not seen one in the city centre area, but they are a common sight round Middlewood / Oughtibridge / Deepcar areas

it's out past Magna near that Toyota garage out towards Centenary way in Rotherham

there's a little nature reserve with a little pond in the middle

yes, I was shocked when I plumbed it, as I'm much more used to the 3 or 4ft on the upper stretches...

If its where i fished a few years back, its that deep because the Don briefly joins the canal for few hundred yards then they part again and go into Rotherham