Fishing in city

At the weekend i had a walk along the don from near kelham island down to the victoria quays and seen loads of fish swimming about so my question is can this stretch of the don be fished ? and i also watched big carp topping in the quays itself is this also possible to fish and who do i contact if so for both areas?

There's a sigh outside my mums work that says it can't be fished between there and the bridge if I'm right.. hers is at Kelham island. I'll have a check and get back to you.

Definitely no fishing in the quays.!

no fishing in the quays down to Cadman st bridge

Yeah :) thanks for clearing it up for me.. thought it was no fishing :)

Let's just clarify - the quays is not the Don it is the canal. You can't fish in the quays but after that there are plenty of places you can - for free. Access at bacon lane, staniforth road, Darnall road, Coleridge road to name a few places. Hope this helps.

i know the quays isn't the don but these are the places i walked andseen fish in these 2 separate locations

Fishing is not free on the canal

You need a waterways wanderer permit which allows you to fish from Cadman Street to Tinsley No 1 lock including numerous other canals throughout U.K.

Priced at £20'adoults ,£10 senior,£5 juniors

All details including where to obtain and other venues are on

http://www.canalrivertrust.org.uk

Look under fishing and it gives you numerous venues matches etc and also match results for a lot of venues

I've been fishing on it for years , no ones ever asked me for a license, ticket or owt. I haven't been on for about a year tho cos there were a lot of Romanians hanhing about on there.

As a volunteer bailif for the Angling Trust and a Ranger for the Sheffield Canal I can assure you that steps are under way to rectify illegal fishing and taking of fish on the canal

Whilst it is a common misapprehension that is mainly Eastern Europeans that are committing problems on the canal I can assure you that a lot

Of British people are taking the risk of flouting the law and fishing illegally

I would appreciate any sightings or signs of illegal fishing i.e. Campfires lines with hooks on so that the appropriate action can be taken

Hi audilad I've fished on the canal for about 52 years we fished for sticklebacks at broughton bridge when I was9 yrs old and in all these years I've only been asked once for my licenced I think he must have got lost because he walked about hundred yards then buggered off