Stand Up Comedy in Sheffield

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know what venues in Sheffield have regular small stand up comedy nights? I know the Lescar is established and The Riverside has a night. Are there any other regular small regular shows/nights/promoters who regularly put on events?

I'm a Sheffielder currently working on some stand up material. Having never done it before I'd like to get accustomed with all the venues and guys involved, whilst checking out the local acts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, this does look good. Thanks for the heads up, just sorry I missed it on Sunday.

Not standup, but the riverside have "The Antics" performing longform improv on the 3rd wednesday of every month. Last time I went down I was in stitches.

+1 For the red deer

You could always go down to Page Hall and listen some of the locals there complaining about the roma ruining their community.

Irony at its best I've been told.

I'll be sure to check out the red deer then. Cheers guys.

We've run the Last Laugh Comedy Club fo 21 years at the Lescar and weekend shows at the City Hall for the last 10 years. We always have a 5 mins open spot on the Thurs night to develop talent, I remember the likes of Alan Carr, Chris Ramsey, Paul Sinha & Sarah Millican, all started in that spot. Let us know when you feel ready. Anthony J Brown does an open mic competition at the Showroom for acts starting out, so it's worth contacting him. Be careful of the open spot clubs as you learn much more working with professional comics. There are a few new clubs billing themselves as comedy clubs, but essentially it's just open spots with promoters ripping off the acts and customers. Good Luck

Thanks, that's really helpful to know. So who do I contact about the 5 min slot when it's time, is there a contact email or number? Or do I contact the Lescar?

Just ring the Last Laugh Comedy Club office on 01142210317 and leave your contact details and we'll get back to you.