Bus route to Norton Lane

I've really struggled with the awful journey planner we have. So sorry to ask, but what bus goes fron town eg Pinstone Street, to Norton Lane, near Norton Church?

Thank you.

Unless things have changed, the following applied last summer..

Bus service No 1 goes from High St, onto Pinstone St and to the bottom of The Moor, and eventually to Norton Lane.

Bua 1A goes to Norton Lane from Meadowhall, but in not sure of its route. I don't think it passes through the city centre when going from Meadowhall to Norton Lane. However, it does also go from Norton Lane into the city centre. It kind of misses out the city centre when coming to Norton from Meadowhall, but takes in the city centre when going the other way.

Bus 75 from Hight St goes to Woodseats and then up tp Meadowhead, then turns left at the roundabout and stops at the bus stop opposite Graves tennis/swimming baths, pretty much at the roundabout at the bottom of Norton Lane/Bochum Parkway. I think it then turns right at the roundabout and on to Jordanthorpe?

Bus 76 from High St goes as far as Woodseats, before disappearing down Abby Lane. So you could get off at Woodseats and walk up through Graves Park

Ive learnt the above through trial and error as I sometimes need to travel from town to Norton, often with me discovering I'm on the wrong bus and having a long walk to do! I often got off the 75 at Meadowhead and walked to Norton, wrongly thinking it went straight on at Meadowhead roundabout, before discovering that I could have stayed on as it turns left at the roundabout :blush:

But if you call in at the bus station, or the small interchange on Arundle Gate by the Crucible, they have maps you can take, showing the routes.

Edited by WarPig

Don't forget number 18 goes past Bunting Nook at top of Warminster Rd via Upper Heeley-Norton Lees-Derbyshire lane

Don't forget number 18 goes past Bunting Nook at top of Warminster Rd via Upper Heeley-Norton Lees-Derbyshire lane

Where does the 18 depart from in the city centre, if at all?

I've really struggled with the awful journey planner we have. So sorry to ask, but what bus goes fron town eg Pinstone Street, to Norton Lane, near Norton Church?

Thank you.

I always use Google Maps route planner, used it in cities all over, usually spot on. Tells you which bus, train or tram, any bits on foot, times etc.

Edited by Bargepole23

I find the easiest starting point when planning a journey in Sheffield is to use the route maps available from Travel South Yorkshire.

The South Sheffield map (dated 28th January 2018 ) shows me that route 1 traverses Norton Lane and routes 18, 20 and 75 pass close by. The 1a does not go to Norton Lane, turning from Blackstock Road onto Constable Road.

Thank you very much for your your very thorough replies.

Where does the 18 depart from in the city centre, if at all?

Sheffield Interchange for via Heeley-Graves Park-Manor-Darnall

Meadowhall Interchange for via Darnall-Manor-Graves Park-Heeley

18 doesn't go Norton church side. Best bet is the number 1. Could get the 20 to the golf club and walk up matthews lane. 7 min walk if that

Number 1 is the closest to get you to the church - stops at High St, Pinstone St, Bottom of the Moor in town. goes right up Norton Lane. 1A does not - it turns off Blackstock Road onto Constable road, so you still have a fair walk from there. 20 will stop at top entrance to Graves Park, and you can walk through the park, past the animals, fishponds and back out - wouldn't recommend the 18

The only annoying thing about the Number 1 is that it stops on Gleadless Rd (at the top of Blackstock Rd) and can often be waiting there with engine off as if it is waiting for time to catch up, before continuing down Blackstock Rd to Norton Lane.

The only annoying thing about the Number 1 is that it stops on Gleadless Rd (at the top of Blackstock Rd) and can often be waiting there with engine off as if it is waiting for time to catch up, before continuing down Blackstock Rd to Norton Lane.

Does that mean it travelled faster than time, if ir has to wait for time to catch up?? :)