Power cut in S13

I thought armed alarms were meant to go off in a power cut in case its a burglar who cut the power?

No ....the battery back up is supposed to keep the alarm running in the event of a power cut , hence all the systems with faulty batteries activate in a power cut !

Curious, how does a faulty battery still work enough for the alarms to sound?

Curious, how does a faulty battery still work enough for the alarms to sound?

There is still minimal power in some batteries. Whilst the system will run ok on mains, it will sense the voltage drop during power failure and activate. You will notice the louder sound when the mains is restored. Alarms with completely dead batteries will activate only when mains is restored.

Edited by only_me

So its detecting the lower voltage as a tamper attempt?

So its detecting the lower voltage as a tamper attempt?

In my view no, its a relay detecting the lower voltage and switching the alarm in the SAB SCB. Tamper circuit is normaly closed.

In my view no, its a relay detecting the lower voltage and switching the alarm in the SAB SCB. Tamper circuit is normaly closed.

What are you on about ! ,

Right ! in your bell box is another battery, in plain English " the control panel is stopping the battery in the bell box from activating the sounder " it's designed like this to stop the bell cable being cut or the alarm panel from being smashed up , most modern bellboxes contain a cut off timer set to 15/20 mins depending on the age of the unit , most bellboxes are SAB self activating bell

Alarm do use relays to activate.

Edited by Yosser

What are you on about ! ,

Right ! in your bell box is another battery, in plain English " the control panel is stopping the battery in the bell box from activating the sounder " it's designed like this to stop the bell cable being cut or the alarm panel from being smashed up , most modern bellboxes contain a cut off timer set to 15/20 mins depending on the age of the unit , most bellboxes are SAB self activating bell

I know what you are saying as Im a qualified security and emergency alarm engineer. As I said in my view Its a relay that switches over when it detects power drop from the higher power to almost no power in the SAB or SCB.

Think you will find most modern equipment will be via a transistor and not a relay