Will the Sunwin building be demolished?

It's a real eyesore and I can't see anyone ever moving into it. Is it scheduled to come down or will it just rot there?

Better known as Redgates

what are you trying to say kidneystone?

what are you trying to say kidneystone?

Hi, I think kidney stone has given us links to a planning application to demolish the building and erect a new one.

Looks good Now lets hope Debenhams gets its act together and smartens up its store as it looks a real eyesore and lets the Moor down

Looks good Now lets hope Debenhams gets its act together and smartens up its store as it looks a real eyesore and lets the Moor down

Agreed, just needs re-cladding on the outside. Although I guess that depends whether Debenhams think it's worth the investment as a store.

Awwww I remember this as a shopping centre with the massive escalators running through the middle.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 09:21 ----------

Debenhams inside is quite shabby too, gouged walls and dirty ceiling tiles, the Poundland is better looked after!

Does Debenham own the building, or rent it?

I agree Debenhams is a mess inside and out,but they are struggling as a group with sales as are many other large dept stores,but it would be nice to see the top of the moor looking better as people expect better standards these days,especially as the shops have to compete with the online shops.

Does Debenham own the building, or rent it?

I am pretty sure the building is rented by Debenhams and cannot see them investing the millions required to update the whole sales area.

i can remember Debenhams building and Atkinson's building being built for them in the fifties, which strongly points to them owning the buildings?