Housing won't give me priority

ive bidded on a property in Sheffield I was number 1 all the way up to when it was taken off the property shop I looked at my open bids the following day to discover im number 2 I contacted the council and they said it was a automatic bid on behalf of the council.... im 34 weeks pregnant and living with family due to not been able to apply for dss (sat mat pay) with my last landlord the council are aware of this and say they cant help me at all as I potentially made my self homeless even tho I could not afford the property anymore,,, anyway my main question is im number 2 on bidding does anyone know my chances and how long roughly would it take to get a viewing many thanks I have 3 years waiting time many thanks I hope someone can help me with advice . I've lived in Sheffield all my life and private rented I've worked all my life im 28years old and just need a bit of help and they don't seem to care

Edited by mumtobe