Italy OUT of the World Cup

Italy failed to beat Sweden tonight and have now failed to qualify for the World Cup for the first time in 60 years. Oh dear.

What a shame.

It was shameful how they won their last World Cup. How they got Zindane sent off just before the shootout, a guy who had never missed a penalty in his life. I am delighted with today's news. Well done Sweden

It was shameful how they won their last World Cup. How they got Zindane sent off just before the shootout, a guy who had never missed a penalty in his life. I am delighted with today's news. Well done Sweden

How are Canada doing in the WC qualifiers ?

Looks like Canada are out I am afraid. It was a mistake to turn up with all that padding on and wearing ice skates

I don't revel in Italy's demise, one of the true greats of World football and better as a spectacle that half the dross that is in it.

Yes Italy always were a threat and entertaining will be missed in the World Cup

Lucky it was at home otherwise they might have been pelted with tomatoes at the airport like they were after losing to North Korea in 1966. :)

they will win the World Cup again before we do. Hope I'm wrong.