The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I fear that if we started a thread on Darwin’s theory of evolution that ENG601 would provide a link to Genesis.

We certainly get spoon fed plenty of links,but nothing in the way of answers to the numerous questions that have been asked of him.

You get all the answers you ask for. You just can't join them up or remember what's been said. If I say it's there then it's your job to go look, not mine to spoonfeed you. Use the search function < more spoonfeeding

Off you pop.

You Should answer my reply, thicko.

Hmmm.

When you aren't comparing Rotherham child sex abuse victims with EU Nationals who wish to remain in the UK after Brexit it seems you resort to petty insults.

I did think your introduction of the subject of sexually abused girls in Rotherham into this discussion was both extreme and entirely unnecessary.

Unpleasant and disturbing.

You get all the answers you ask for. You just can't join them up or remember what's been said. If I say it's there then it's your job to go look, not mine to spoonfeed you. Use the search function < more spoonfeeding

Off you pop.

Nurse.He’s out of bed again

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 23:05 ----------

I have no objection at all to a United States of Europe as opposed to a disunited Europe.

Most of us have lived in a post war period of peace and advancement.

The rise in narrow minded ,nationalistic,jingoistic and bigoted viewpoints concerns me,.

So does the patronising and condescending tone of ENG.

Hmmm.

When you aren't comparing Rotherham child sex abuse victims with EU Nationals who wish to remain in the UK after Brexit it seems you resort to petty insults.

I did think your introduction of the subject of sexually abused girls in Rotherham into this discussion was both extreme and entirely unnecessary.

Unpleasant and disturbing.

You’re not answering because it doesn’t fit your populist narrative.

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 06:43 ----------

OK then lets cut out the thinking bit and get down to brass tacks. When did the EU put a reciprocal agreement on rights for Brits in the EU and EU citizens in the UK on the table? What did that agreement on the table contain?

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 22:17 ----------

Do you think then that the EU should or are wanting to create a United States Of Europe?

Point a) the agreement contained a guarantee that the status of citizens would not alter due to Brexit.

Point B) the time will come when Britain will be on its knees, trying to get into federal Europe.

Off you pop.

You haven’t answered my questions. You appear to be going well out of your way to avoid answering at all.

I think you’ve started to realise that you can’t formulate a decent reason for your dislike of the EU beyond your own bitterness and very misdirected resentment of foreigners.

Nurse.He’s out of bed again

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 23:05 ----------

I have no objection at all to a United States of Europe as opposed to a disunited Europe.

Most of us have lived in a post war period of peace and advancement.

The rise in narrow minded ,nationalistic,jingoistic and bigoted viewpoints concerns me,.

So does the patronising and condescending tone of ENG.

Dear boy, that wasn't too bad for you considering that it was midnight on a Friday, did you follow my advice to chalga or have those years of experience improved your tolerance?

Ah the first Narcissus of Spring has risen

Ah the first Narcissus of Spring has risen

Good morning, good to see that you made it out of your fetid pit so early, I assume that you're not on the bus ride of shame going home?

I recommend 2 ibuprofen and half a pint of water, or maybe one of those dayglo sugary pop drinks that you kids carry around. I'll take you apart again when your head has cleared but it wouldn't be fair on you right now.

Next time, please do us all a favour and come back on topic.

The off topic posts, name calling and bickering ends now.

If you can't discuss the topic without resorting to this then please don't post.

Thank you.

Thanks nikki-red. Back on topic the consequences of Brexit;

#DespiteBrexit, here's some more excellent news that we will all be delighted at;

Airbus will stay in Britain after Brexit despite warning it could move business abroad

The aerospace giant was staunchly against leaving the EU, but says it believes Britain is still 'a competitive place to invest'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/5659233/airbus-will-stay-in-uk/

Thanks Nikki.

So what are the positive benefits of Brexit from the leavers point of view.

Airbus will remain in some form.

Airbus was a partnership created within EU.

So no positive change for the better there.

Edited by RJRB

---------- Post added 24-02-2018 at 06:43 ----------

Point a) the agreement contained a guarantee that the status of citizens would not alter due to Brexit.

Point B) the time will come when Britain will be on its knees, trying to get into federal Europe.

Regarding point a.

Did that agreement also have the condition;

1: That the ECJ would still be the body to rule on disputed cases?

2: Did it also mean that the free movement of workers would still have to apply and that their rights would be guaranteed as it is now?

Regarding point b.

That is of course providing the EU in its present form lasts which I doubt as it is already cracking at the seams. The one big problem with the EU (as I see it) is unlike the United States it has no flexibility built in, and when things are inflexible they break easily.