Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Really? I see loads being used every day as they should be in the centre and have only seen one being used by a child.

Mostly kids riding them for me too, and when I say riding I mean up kerbs, taking backies, wheelying and the likes, as kids do.

Them two at Lower Bradfield look in a bit of a state

This rent a bike scheme is a really good idea and I have seen a lot of people riding them, but too many people are misusing the bikes and I've seen children popping wheelies on them and messing around. I've also seen some bikes that have been dumped on the side of the road.

I was out and about early this morning 4am, I saw several around Hillsborough being ridden by people going or coming home from work, having done a few night shifts I can see the potential of riding in and out of town to standing at a cold bus stop.

Yep! I used one last week when a bus broke down at Hillsborough corner and the trams couldn't get through. Used a bike down to Shalesmoor where they were turning round.

Really wish I'd had gloves with me though :D

Yep! I used one last week when a bus broke down at Hillsborough corner and the trams couldn't get through. Used a bike down to Shalesmoor where they were turning round.

Really wish I'd had gloves with me though :D

Well I'm glad I had a pair on this morning, it was showing -7 on my trail cam.

certainly worth keeping a spare pair in the bottom of the rucksack just in case:D

Excuse my ignorance please re these bikes and educate me.

What happens when your booked time has elapsed ?

i.e. Obviously the metal ring over the back wheel doesn't close whilst you are in transit

Told you I was in the ignorant stage !

Do ofo have records of your name, address and phone number ?

No you get charged when your time is up. Unlock, ride for however long you want people and then when you end your ride it charges your card.

---------- Post added 23-02-2018 at 16:53 ----------

I've also seen some bikes that have been dumped on the side of the road.

They're not dumped - you get off wherever you want (within the allowed area) and leave it for the next person. That's the point of them being dockless- you don't return them to a specific point.

Getting fed up of seeing butchered ones. Some people show no respect. I think I have probably seen as many with the lock broken off as I have seen intact. What is wrong with society?

They're not dumped - you get off wherever you want (within the allowed area) and leave it for the next person.

So that explains the one that has been "left for the next person" on the island in the river off Blonk Street? :hihi:

Different company - but not worked out too well in France...

Gobee.bike pulls out of France due to 'mass destruction' of its dockless bike fleet

Yes but Le French are always rioting for one reason or another, aren’t they ?

Fortunately, us Brits are more civilised.

Give it time, I’m sure things will settle down once the giddy thrill of destroying someone’s else’s property without fear of punishment has worn off.

Yes but Le French are always rioting for one reason or another, aren’t they ?

Fortunately, us Brits are more civilised.

Give it time, I’m sure things will settle down once the giddy thrill of destroying someone’s else’s property without fear of punishment has worn off.

Well obviously we are not or I wouldn't keep seeing vandalised yellow bikes all over Sheffield.