Mass shootings in America

Trump now wants to arm teachers with guns to 'take out' the shooters.

Where to start with this one ....?

Couldn't agree more.

The armed Deputy at the school certainly didn't do anything, so much for the talk about what you need is a good guy with a gun.

I don't think giving a gun to the 5th grade Maths teacher and expecting them to suddenly turn into Bruce Willis and take out a AR-15 toting killer is the solution.

Yes and failed like those before and after him

I appreciate critical thinking isn’t your strong point, but go read this article from 2013:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/23/barack-obama-senate-assault-weapons-vote

Obama pushed to ban assault the sale of assault weapons but was defeated by the gun lobby and politicians on both sides of the political divide.

Here are the first two paragraphs. Read it, you might learn summat:

President Barack Obama on Saturday urged Congress to vote on a ban on controversial military-style assault weapons and restrictions on ammunition, despite widespread predictions that such a vote would fail.

Since the Newtown school massacre at the end of last year, Obama has been pushing to introduce fresh gun control laws, arguing that a rash of mass shootings has left the American public demanding action. But the effort has faced a withering backlash from gun owners' groups, like the powerful National Rifle Association, and their political allies in both parties.

I appreciate critical thinking isn’t your strong point, but go read this article from 2013:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/23/barack-obama-senate-assault-weapons-vote

Obama pushed to ban assault the sale of assault weapons but was defeated by the gun lobby and politicians on both sides of the political divide.

Here are the first two paragraphs. Read it, you might learn summat:

So , are assault weapons banned? Did he succeed?

So , are assault weapons banned? Did he succeed?

you answered that question in your previous post.

Couldn't agree more.

The armed Deputy at the school certainly didn't do anything, so much for the talk about what you need is a good guy with a gun.

I don't think giving a gun to the 5th grade Maths teacher and expecting them to suddenly turn into Bruce Willis and take out a AR-15 toting killer is the solution.

Maybe the 5th grade Maths teacher would do something and have the same courage as the football coach, who died shielding pupils at the Florida school.

Maybe the 5th grade Maths teacher would do something and have the same courage as the football coach, who died shielding pupils at the Florida school.

No, I prefer the Bruce Willis scenario.

you answered that question in your previous post.

Yes I did , so why put a link which proves what I said and the comment about critical thinking ?

Yes, give them guns.

61% of Teachers Stressed Out, 58% Say Mental Health Is Not Good in New National Survey

https://www.the74million.org/61-of-teachers-stressed-out-58-say-mental-health-is-not-good-in-new-national-survey/

Yes I did , so why put a link which proves what I said and the comment about critical thinking ?

because Obama made an effort to prevent the sale of assault weapons during his presidency. Obama made it a major goal of his second term but was defeated in no small part due to the gun lobby.

The Trumpet has made it clear he will not ban the sale of assault weapons and is happy to receive $millions in support from the gun lobby.

And it’s very disingenuous of you to engage in this example of whataboutery and compare Obama to the Trumpet for not banning the sale of assault weapons, when the contrast between the two Presidents could not be more different.

Edited by The Joker
(See post below)

because Obama made an effort to prevent the sale of assault weapons during his presidency. Obama made it a major goal of his second term but was defeated in no small part due to the gun lobby.

The Trumpet has made it clear he will not ban the sale of assault weapons and is happy to receive $millions in support from the gun lobby.

And it’s very disingenuous of you to engage in this example of whataboutery and blame Obama for not banning the sale of assault weapons, when the contrast between the two Presidents could not be more different.

Show me where I blamed Obama . I said they all have failed so far

Show me where I blamed Obama . I said they all have failed so far

Point taken.

I will amend the previous post and change blame to compare

Point taken.

I will amend the previous post and change blame to compare

No need for that