Relocation of stocksbridge waste water treatment works

that bridge took two way traffic until is was narrowed for some reason

Aye, never found out why it was altered to one lane. My best guess would be for weight issues as a lot of heavy trucks from Fox's used it. Likewise Thorpes used it a great deal.

Why was it never upgraded is the next question.

Angel1.

Apparently the road is going to be closed for months, how are we expected to get to Stocksbridge, where are the buses and traffic going to go

Apparently the road is going to be closed for months, how are we expected to get to Stocksbridge, where are the buses and traffic going to go

Id guess, up Halifax rd , through Greno ,then down the by pass at Wortley .

it would have been easy to build the new sewer following the river line from old to new location with no disruption at all.

it would have been easy to build the new sewer following the river line from old to new location with no disruption at all.

Ive taken my mother down to the open day at the venue this afternoon ,and i asked them this very question. The answer i got was that YW wanted it under the road because it is easier for them to get to the sewer for repairs and leaks. They said it would be very difficult to get machinery down by the riverside.

Also . The full closure of manchester rd from the top of Vaughton hill to the junction of Morehall lane will be in place in the summer ,as they plan to lay the new sewer in the school holidays . The full closure will be in place for THREE MONTHS ,with only access to the dump it site allowed,

The highways also plan to turn off the traffic lights at the junction of manchester rd and vaughton hill to make traffic flow easier along the diversion route as they lights will not be needed .

The new bridge over the river to the new housing estate will be situated the Deepcar side of the existing water treatment works and will be controlled by traffic lights , not a roundabout.

There will be a reduction in the supertram link bus ,due to the fact it will take the bus longer to get from the tram terminus to Deepcar/Stocksbridge because of the diversion.

The dump it site will remain open as normal during the works .

Ive taken my mother down to the open day at the venue this afternoon ,and i asked them this very question. The answer i got was that YW wanted it under the road because it is easier for them to get to the sewer for repairs and leaks. They said it would be very difficult to get machinery down by the riverside.

Also . The full closure of manchester rd from the top of Vaughton hill to the junction of Morehall lane will be in place in the summer ,as they plan to lay the new sewer in the school holidays . The full closure will be in place for THREE MONTHS ,with only access to the dump it site allowed,

The highways also plan to turn off the traffic lights at the junction of manchester rd and vaughton hill to make traffic flow easier along the diversion route as they lights will not be needed .

The new bridge over the river to the new housing estate will be situated the Deepcar side of the existing water treatment works and will be controlled by traffic lights , not a roundabout.

There will be a reduction in the supertram link bus ,due to the fact it will take the bus longer to get from the tram terminus to Deepcar/Stocksbridge because of the diversion.

that sums it up "easier for them" a new build sewer properly built is going to last years before any maintenance is needed if any at all. Just wait till they bust the 36 inch water main and wash half the road away.

Spare a thought for the poor residents unfortunate to live on the works route they should put in a major claim for damages.

What permanently?

Why does a small housing estate need traffic lights on a main road?

Thats just going to cause more traffic to backup through Deepcar in the mornings.

Thank you for this update, I wasn't able to get to the event myself so was hoping someone on here would have.

Sounds like a right PIA!

Spare a thought for the poor residents unfortunate to live on the works route they should put in a major claim for damages.

Why? What "damages" are being made to their property?